Koningsdam Cabin Advice

gbsca2001

Hi all,

Wondering if you can help me out - does anyone have advice on Koningsdam cabins? I'm currently in 11010 and have the chance to switch to 8015 which is considered a downgrade, but would mean having a little extra space between myself and my parents which might be nice.

Has anyone stayed in those rooms or in those categories? The HAL rep says they're the same but higher floors are more desirable so they charge more for them and consider them a higher category.

I agree both look adjoining to me and I'm pretty sure the Crow's Nest is carpeted. Generally speaking does being near the fitness centre on a cruise ship make people complain? I've heard about under the buffet and the pool deck being bad but I'd never considered the fitness centre...

I agree both look adjoining to me and I'm pretty sure the Crow's Nest is carpeted. Generally speaking does being near the fitness centre on a cruise ship make people complain? I've heard about under the buffet and the pool deck being bad but I'd never considered the fitness centre...

I think I have heard people say that being under the fitness centre can be a bit noisy, especially if you are under the treadmills. But I have not stayed in that area so can't confirm that. But I think it does have the potential to be a bit noisy.

I don't think the cabin on deck 8 is close enough to the bridge to be affected in any way.

For what it's worth, I think I would choose the cabin on deck 11.

I think I have heard people say that being under the fitness centre can be a bit noisy, especially if you are under the treadmills. But I have not stayed in that area so can't confirm that. But I think it does have the potential to be a bit noisy.

I don't think the cabin on deck 8 is close enough to the bridge to be affected in any way.

For what it's worth, I think I would choose the cabin on deck 11.

Thanks a lot for the replies! I was sure that no one would answer and I really appreciate that you did. I called HAL today and before I could even say yes or no 100%, I'd been moved to 8 so I'm just going to roll with it. I'll let you know how noisy it gets...

• 6 months later...

I can confirm that noise under the fitness centre wasn't a problem. I went and paced it out - 8015 is right under where they were holding soul cycle classes in the morning and I didn't hear a thing. I either got lucky and no one wanted to pay the up charge for classes or they've done a good job soundproofing. I've got no complaints at all about cabin 8015. It was a great choice for me.

Stayed in 8002 same experience had the salon above very quiet.

My only issue was allot of boat movement being that forward. Had problems sleeping from the jerky roll. Next time staying lower near the mid ship.