Glory 10/14/2017-10/21/2017 Eastern turned Western

firemanbobswife

Another random thought. Muster was outside as usual but this time they scanned your S&S card. I think it would have been better if they did it on your way outside instead of when you're standing there, but oh well. I noticed that they did it for every person in the cabin, not one per cabin like on Vista. There were quite a few names they were calling out of people that weren't there so I can imagine the "make up muster" was pretty crowded. I'm glad they are enforcing attendance. It did seem to speed things up a bit. They released Starboard side first. I'm a Port girl, so had to wait a little longer :(.

we were on the same cruise and only had to present one ss card. Maybe each muster leader did things differently? I agree it would be easier to do as you entered versus standing in line but it was faster this time than the last time we were on the glory.

Also post to find review later

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Now for the best day ever - Little French Key in Roatan. You absolutely HAVE to go there! Don't waste your time at the man made "beach" there by the port that's run by Carnival.

I rustled up 84 people to go to LFK (73 actually showed). I had been in constant contact with them to make sure they would have transportation for all of us at once and they did. A short walk up and down the hill and vans were waiting. I had been there in May of 2015 and we had a smaller group of maybe 15. I wasn't expecting so many, but it was great! We were treated like royalty.

They have 2 jaguars - one is a little baby and another one is still a juvenile. You could either hold the baby on land or swim with the bigger one. That is $35 or $55 respectively on top of your $88 entrance fee which includes lunch, 2 drinks, free use of kayaks, paddle boards, etc. Also you can hold the monkeys and birds! They also have a juvenile tiger that they rescued from the zoo on the mainland. There are other packages you can get that have zip lining, or snorkel tours, and other things.

I was upset a little I will admit before we left that we didn't get to go the Eastern route as scheduled, but this one day alone was worth it! Everything happens for a reason and there were people in our group that said they would never have booked a Western but LFK and Mr Sanchos (more on that later) were their absolute favorite ports ever. I felt really good about us giving LFK the business as we were the only ship in port.

The Manager kept checking on us, my waiter George [emoji813]eyes: (found out he has done some contracts on Princess as a bartender and may go back - could a Princess cruise be in my future? LOL) took great care of us too. If you want to order drinks without getting out of the water, they even bring them to you. Nothing was ever a problem even if you had a special request. They are truly wonderful people!

If you want to go, let me know how many and the date and I will contact the Manager directly per his instructions to make sure you receive the same treatment. He told me to personally contact him with anyone I know that wants to visit and he will make your visit extra special. So please, email me - address is in my signature, and I will be more than happy to handle it for you! No money is due upfront. I love them like family and since all of you are my cruising family fanatics, I want to make sure you have an extra super awesome time too!!!

81a416d9e386eac0dcf4628149732db8.jpg

9e104bd0314aaf94a2414b7fa356674d.jpg

9f41f16ce6a7e54cd49e377f5672fc80.jpg

c6c1b26366a52cdc669708e311927fac.jpg

6c43dcf7438923d9cdc7186aaf233e3b.jpg

How far of a drive was this from the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your detailed review. It makes me feel much better about going on my first cruise. Since I’m new to cruising what would you suggest I do the most? Should I do an excursion at every port and if so which ones would you suggest? I loved what you had to say about LFK so I’m planning on doing that for sure. Any advise would be greatly appreciated and once again thanks for the time you put into your review!

• 5 months later...