Getaway Cabin 8738 HELP

Hi all. I have been researching but only finding info on Breakaway. Although I know they are sister ships, I am trying to find out if Cabin 8738 has the "secret" large balcony like Breakaway that is not shown correctly on the deck plans.

I am sailing in my first balcony for my 40th bday and booked this in the hopes of it having an amazing big balcony.

If anyone has pics of this cabin or can confirm I would love you forever!

Thanks in advance.

It looks standard to me, starting from the bottom you have the minisuites, then the large balcony's which are on Deck 9, looking at that room to the left of the bumpout looks normal to me. Look at this photo from Breakaway.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

It looks standard to me, starting from the bottom you have the minisuites, then the large balcony's which are on Deck 9, looking at that room to the left of the bumpout looks normal to me. Look at this photo from Breakaway.

If i count 22 from the bump out, it appears it is is the one with the large balcony right at the start of the angle?

If i count 22 from the bump out, it appears it is is the one with the large balcony right at the start of the angle?

It looks like to me 8734 and 8736 are on the bump out sections with a larger balcony not 8738.

Why not go up a deck and book a large balcony? Mine was $20 more total.

Look here.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/deck-plans

It looks like to me 8734 and 8736 are on the bump out sections with a larger balcony not 8738.

Why not go up a deck and book a large balcony? Mine was $20 more total.

Look here.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/deck-plans

No I am in 8134 mirror image and it is a minisuite with large balcony. The cabin in question is one of the secret larger balcony cabins

Enjoy it

Edited by FootballParent

No I am in 8134 mirror image and it is a minisuite with large balcony. The cabin in question is one of the secret larger balcony cabins

Enjoy it

According to NCL.com 8134 is a mini suite with large balcony, 8738 is a standard balcony cabin. 8134 isn't a mirror of 8738, it is two rooms up.

According to NCL.com 8134 is a mini suite with large balcony, 8738 is a standard balcony cabin. 8134 isn't a mirror of 8738, it is two rooms up.

Lol I meant or said 8138 is a mirror image of 8738 not my cabin. I'm pointing out MY cabin 8134 is a mini suite with large balcony. The cabin in question in a regular balcony with a larger than normal size balcony on the breakaway/getaway ships. If u see the man on the balcony in the photo he is standing in cabin 8728 count from there

Edited by FootballParent

I have 8738 booked on the Breakaway for this May. We booked it after another poster came back and posted this picture of it....

Screen%20shot%202015-01-16%20at%203.42.41%20PM_zpstdoxyska.png

Thank you so much for posting this picture! I'm booked in 8138 (mirror to 8738 but on the port side), on Getaway for May. NCL told me that the balcony for 8138/8738 is 88 sq ft., but I couldn't find pics anywhere. The balcony looks awesome and now I'm even more excited for my Getaway cruise! :D

Here is a picture of the balconies on BA numbered from the exterior. I assume that GA would be exactly the same...

image.jpg1_zpsyjw2g6e1.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this picture! I'm booked in 8138 (mirror to 8738 but on the port side), on Getaway for May. NCL told me that the balcony for 8138/8738 is 88 sq ft., but I couldn't find pics anywhere. The balcony looks awesome and now I'm even more excited for my Getaway cruise! :D

You're quite welcome! Just passing along the info that got me all excited for my balcony :D

Please keep me posted if this is the true secret large BD balcony on Getaway as well, since you will be cruising much sooner than I :-)

• 1 month later...

Enjoy it

I too am booked in 8134; do you happen to know where bed is located? By balcony or by bathroom? Thanks for any info you may have.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious on your thoughts about Mini-Suite 8134. I'm also booked in this room and booked it as I was thinking the small angled part of the balcony would be nice for viewing aft as well as viewing the fireworks. That said, I'm a little concerned that this may result in loss of balcony space and/or privacy. Any thoughts?

BTW...the bed should be by the balcony in this cabin. Looking at the deck plans if the indentation goes into the room the bed is by the balcony and if it goes out (making the middle of the room appear bigger) the bed is in the middle by the closet.

I'm curious on your thoughts about Mini-Suite 8134. I'm also booked in this room and booked it as I was thinking the small angled part of the balcony would be nice for viewing aft as well as viewing the fireworks. That said, I'm a little concerned that this may result in loss of balcony space and/or privacy. Any thoughts?

BTW...the bed should be by the balcony in this cabin. Looking at the deck plans if the indentation goes into the room the bed is by the balcony and if it goes out (making the middle of the room appear bigger) the bed is in the middle by the closet.

I'm on Breakaway 8134 for July 5 cruise; it's not the angled balcony, it's definitely shown as a full balcony and it's on the port side which on Breakaway means no smoke coming up from below - I believe smoking allowed outside on Starboard side. Are you sailing before or after July 5? If after, I'll definitely let you know how it is.

• 1 month later...
Hi all. I have been researching but only finding info on Breakaway. Although I know they are sister ships, I am trying to find out if Cabin 8738 has the "secret" large balcony like Breakaway that is not shown correctly on the deck plans.

I am sailing in my first balcony for my 40th bday and booked this in the hopes of it having an amazing big balcony.

If anyone has pics of this cabin or can confirm I would love you forever!

Thanks in advance.

Using the photo shared by gaprofitt

count back 15 cabins from the front of the ship.

Yes, it's one of the secret large balconies. :)

We have it's sister, 8138, in September.

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

Cabin 8738 on the Getaway is an angled balcony on one side creating a larger than normal balcony. The mini suite balcony starts with balcony 8736. We were in 8734 which had an 85 square foot balcony. We had two chaise lounges along with a table and 2 chairs.

You are sailing in 3 days! Please please post a pic of your balcony :-)

Yes and I'm so excited!! :D I will post a picture before sail away if I get a chance. But I will definitely come back with lots more pics to post!