Adventure Antigua (Elis Eco-Tour). Is this still a great excursion

jtonra

We did this tour the last time we were in Antigua a few years ago and loved it. At the time, it was one of most talked about and highly rated tours here on CC. I haven't seen much discussion about it recently. Is it still a good excursion? We're thinking about doing it again and would love to hear any current reviews.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It was great in December!!!

And the company has been doing great things for the Barbudans who were displaced after the hurricane.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How long is this tour? I have gone all over their website and don't see how long the tour takes... Our times for port that day say 10am-6pm, however I don't know if that means we get off ship at noon and have to be back on at 4? Says get off 2 hours after arrival and have to be back on ship 2 hours prior to depart...

How long is this tour? I have gone all over their website and don't see how long the tour takes... Our times for port that day say 10am-6pm, however I don't know if that means we get off ship at noon and have to be back on at 4? Says get off 2 hours after arrival and have to be back on ship 2 hours prior to depart...[/quote]

? who told you 2 hours after arrival?

As for Adventure, they don't give out time information until you put deposit in or fill out the form. But it usually is 30 minutes after ship docks and lasts for 6 hours.

How long is this tour? I have gone all over their website and don't see how long the tour takes... Our times for port that day say 10am-6pm, however I don't know if that means we get off ship at noon and have to be back on at 4? Says get off 2 hours after arrival and have to be back on ship 2 hours prior to depart...

we booked them for our upcoming cruise leaving next week. I will let you know how it was when we get back. Our ship is in port 7 am - 6 p. The tour said it would last from 8:50 am - 3:10 pm.

Our times for port that day say 10am-6pm, however I don't know if that means we get off ship at noon and have to be back on at 4?

Says get off 2 hours after arrival and have to be back on ship 2 hours prior to depart...

Where is that last sentence coming from? What cruiseline are you on?

• 2 weeks later...

we took this tour last week. It was awesome. We were on the Crown Princess and it docked around 7 am. We were to meet the Adventure Antigua people at 8:50. We were back to the ship at 3 pm. It was a fantastic day, Snorkeling, hiking, learned a lot about the island. Definitely recommend this tour

2 hrs is only for embarkation and disembarkation days (first and last day). You can get off the ship after it docks in the other ports and be back on 30 minutes before departure time. I was confused by the wording before too, as it is misleading for first time cruisers.