status

george35

I have been trying to get my status up-graded as I am D+ on RCL. No luck getting MSC on the phone, TA has been trying for 2 weeks to get a hold of them. I was thinking why not bring a key pass from RCL showing my status on board the SEASIDE & go down to the desk & let them do what ever they have to do. Anyone ever try that method? My wife got her Black status within 2 weeks of the TA turning both our names in with the proof of our D+ status but me nothing. Even our TA is having a hard time getting thru to MSC.

george35

I have been trying to get my status up-graded as I am D+ on RCL. No luck getting MSC on the phone, TA has been trying for 2 weeks to get a hold of them. I was thinking why not bring a key pass from RCL showing my status on board the SEASIDE & go down to the desk & let them do what ever they have to do. Anyone ever try that method? My wife got her Black status within 2 weeks of the TA turning both our names in with the proof of our D+ status but me nothing. Even our TA is having a hard time getting thru to MSC.

george35

That won't work, it has to be submitted I believe 7 days before your cruise. the service desk would not be able to do anything. Did you submit the form right? Should be a pdf or one other form. Mine would not go through then I sent it as a pdf and went through next day.

We have our first MSC cruise booked and we are Diamond on RCI. I had a bit of an adventure with my status. I had submitted the application and documentation and was assigned a number along with the Black status. When I tried to apply my number to my booking the website would not take it. After a couple of phone calls (long hold time) I was told that my membership had been deactivated for some reason and to apply again. Of course, when I did that it said I was already a member and blocked the application. I eventually got the right person on the phone and they reactivated my membership. Apparently not all reps can do that (I was told it was not possible by the first two) and are not trained to refer to someone who can. In any case, persistence paid off. On the other hand, my wife's application went smoothly and she went from "Welcome" to "Black" in about 10 days. We sent a scan copy of her cabin card showing Diamond status as documentation and that was fine. I am pretty sure you can get it taken care of but it may require a few calls.