TV on the Dream

Icesk8rReedy

Invest in a small/portable DVD player for movies in cabin. You can get a decent one (like for children and long car rides). Charges up with electric cord or car charger.

Sylvania makes a portable DVD player/tablet combo for $90 (Walmart, Amazon etc.), DS has one for long rides and cruise ships (he loves to relax in bed at night after 10:00 and watch movies), the size is about 7x9 and fits perfectly into his backpack carry on. It is also a tablet when you run into wifi (kids can use in restaurants/hotels when traveling) so it serves a dual purpose and cheap enough for kid use.

From Carnival site today (Subject to change as they recently got rid of some channels but not sure which ones)

Television policy

Connecting Personal Devices to Stateroom TV's

Guests are not permitted to connect Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play units with the television in the staterooms; all connection ports are disabled.

In Suite accommodations only, guests are able to connect their own DVD/video source through the television using an audio/video input plate; guests must supply their own RCA connection cables.

I've never bothered trying the workaround either but I might look into it if I can't get my Adult Swim fix any more lol.