NCL Star Laundry?

ukdeblarz

We are staying in a Penthouse Suite for NCL Star Med cruise. Please need any advice on laundry. Will be traveling for a week prior to the cruise.

Are there machines on board passengers can use or do you have to send it out?

With suite pax, how much do you have to pay per bag of laundry?

Thanks for any advice.

We are staying in a Penthouse Suite for NCL Star Med cruise. Please need any advice on laundry. Will be traveling for a week prior to the cruise.

Are there machines on board passengers can use or do you have to send it out?

With suite pax, how much do you have to pay per bag of laundry?

Thanks for any advice.

None of the Norwegian ships have laundries for passenger to use. You can send it out.

There will be a "Fill The Bag" for one price special. For those is Suites, it might be a bit different. Ask when you need your Butler.

Think twice about that, your clothes get laundered with a detergent they have so you may have an allergic reaction and it will in all likelihood be laundered inside a mesh bag with other bags that have other peoples clothes.

Yuk.

I'll pack extra.

They do a special midweek. Fill a paper bag for $20. Make sure to write down on the slip provided what you are putting in the bag. In a suite, you might be able to get the special earlier. Ask your butler or steward.

I've had my laundry done many times on NCL and they do a great job. They have special rates towards the end of the cruise. But if you are in a suite you may very well be eligible for a few free laundry bags. If you need to iron...they will provide a board and iron for you. Ask, ask, ask...they are very helpful.

Very simple answer, money talks - speak with your butler and see what s/he can do about it. ;p

Time is money while on a cruise - wouldn't you rather spend time doing something else, like being in the spa or on shore than doing housekeeping duties.

Or, Woolite the delicate/hand wash items yourself if you don't trust them in the commercial washer ... what we learned from the Behind The Scene tour is that they do their best - to sort & separate items based on the item's label.

Traveling on the road ahead of cruising ... why not try to get the soiled items done before embarkation. Ship's itemized prices are like hotel's laundry services ... while traveling abroad, we search for & try to use a local laundromat for wet washes - drop off, wash & fold and pick them up when ready, at much better prices.

↑ wait a second....so they don't wash your clothes in a mesh bag like 100% of laundry services??

I would never use such a service but my neighbors that are both doctors and work CRAZY hours do. They told me the service gave them

a quantity of mesh bags for colours, whites and dedicates. I assumed the cruise would do the same.

It's even more unappealing to think clothes are washed loose with other peoples garments, then sorted after. The only other option is washing each guests clothes as you'd do at home, like colors and whites. To do that cabin by cabin that is requesting the service seems impractical.

Can you clarify which way they do it? and, could you provide your own detergent and fabric softener? It may seem silly but I not only like Downy Free but my eczema reacts to other brands.