Eclipse - Food & Wine Pairing Class or World Wine Tour

san diego spartan

Have some OBC to use and was wondering about these 2 options. Has anyone done them? One is the Food & Wine Pairing class and the other is the World Wine Tour. $25 and $20 pp.

It is available to prebook and wondering how that works in terms of what day/time it is - there is a "more info" box, but when I click on it, it does not seem to work.

Thanks for any info!

Earlier this year on the Equinox they had both events. They were on different sea days, both at 2:00 PM. Though I did not go to the food and wine pairing, I believe that it is what you would expect - sit at table, wine and food are presented and discussed. At "Wines around the World" they set up 6 tables (stations), each with one red and one white from one country - probably US, France, Spain, Italy, Argentina or Chile, and Australia. After you are told about each wine, you are on your own to visit each station and taste as much or as little as you want of whatever you want. I think it lasted about an hour in all. So if you like a formal presentation, with specific wines paired with specific food, you want the wine pairing. If you like a more informal setting that gets noisier as the hour progresses where you can drink until the hour is over, you want Wines Around the World. And it is perfectly acceptable to attend both :-)

How knowledgeable are you about wine and how different wines pair with food? If not too knowledgeable then I recommend the wine and food pairing. If you are comfortable pairing wine with food then by all means you should do the Around The World Wine Tasting. It will give you a sense of how similar wines from different countries/region can change depending on where they are from.