Carnival Glory post refurbishment

smyemar

Hi All! We are considering a February 2018 cruise on the Glory and just wondering if most people who have sailed her had positive opinions? We have just returned from a six day on the Vista and absolutely loved it and now I am concerned that the Glory will not compare. I have also cruised the Liberty, Freedom, Valor, Victory,Dream, Breeze and Sunshine. Also can you tell me is there a coffee shop and taste bar on board? Thanks.

Just got off today. It’s a lot like the Valor. Did you like that ship? It has the BBQ on deck 10 which I liked. And yes, coffee and taste bar. I had a great time. But I will say, the ship doesn’t mean a lot to me. Other than the Sunshine’s terrible comedy club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has the Glory been refurbished? If so when? I am sailing her in September 2018...I have sailed carnival about 15 other times...the biggest ship i sailed was the Destiny (which is now the sunshine) and the Trimuph...the others were the smaller ships....when i was on the Triumph they had the deli, but the sandwichs were not premade....you could acually see them cutting the meat, and you had several choices of sandwiches....

I’ve been on Glory 9 times and Vista once. Here is my review on Glory from October. I would go on any Conquest Class ship before Vista again.

I have other reviews on Glory as well with more pics, but they were before the latest dry dock. However, most things are the same. I tried to point out the new stuff in this one. Hope this helps. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2556511

Has the Glory been refurbished? If so when? I am sailing her in September 2018...I have sailed carnival about 15 other times...the biggest ship i sailed was the Destiny (which is now the sunshine) and the Trimuph...the others were the smaller ships....when i was on the Triumph they had the deli, but the sandwichs were not premade....you could acually see them cutting the meat, and you had several choices of sandwiches....

6 months ago on the Vista they also made sandwiches to order but no longer on the Glory. They have several options to choose from but the bread is different and they are stacked on the shelf, premade.

I don't know when her last dry dock was but there have been changed made. The Deli is on the Starboard side of the Lido now and they sell sushi on the Port side. The new Seafood Shack is aft Starboard and the new BBQ replaced the old fish and chips place on Deck 10. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Hi All! We are considering a February 2018 cruise on the Glory and just wondering if most people who have sailed her had positive opinions? We have just returned from a six day on the Vista and absolutely loved it and now I am concerned that the Glory will not compare. I have also cruised the Liberty, Freedom, Valor, Victory,Dream, Breeze and Sunshine. Also can you tell me is there a coffee shop and taste bar on board? Thanks.

This class of ship is my favorite (although any cruise is wonderful)! I'll be sailing on the Glory for the first time in February and am anxious to see the updates.