Harmony of the Seas - Day 1

tennislvr8

We are on the Harmony, she is bigger in person.... She's HUGE..

this is a review of the first two hours. I will finish the review when I return, I didn't purchase voom.

We book a flight the day before. An unexpected snow storm in Philly made is miss our flight. A usual 45 min drive to the airport took 3.5 hours. Even though out flight was delayed and still there when we arrived, it was too late for our luggage so we couldn't board. We went standby for coach on the next flight, 830pm which was full(we purchased first class). We get to the gate, my DH talked to the best ticket agent EVER, Cathy, right before I purchased two one tickets on SW for 6am the next morning. She cam through w two first class boarding passes. The plane was supposed to leave at 830, I believe we finally left at 11. Luckily since our original flight was supposed to arrive at 10pm, I booked with the Hampton Inn north cruise Port because they had a 24 hr free airport shuttle. We arrived at 2ish got our luggage and called the shuttle by 230 and were in our prepaid non refundable by 300am. The hotel was adequate nothing spectacular but clean. It was in walking distance to a few restaurants and a shopping center with a grocery store.

We called uber and checked out at 10am, we were on the ship by 1045. There was a long line of cars but luckily enough the traffic director let us go to a very short line. The ship had begun boarding so we walked right on, there was no wait for checking in or anything.

Once on the ship, we were directed to go to silk to check our BOGO dinner reservations. There were none made so we chose Wonderland for tonight and Chops tomorrow night. We also made a reservation for one night at coastal kitchen. He wrote it on a piece of paper and said he would enter it later...... Didn't look promising, it was scratch paper so we will see. Currently sitting on the Rising bar drinking a flirtini.

Any questions I will try to answer before I lose service.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

One other thing I forgot. When we made the BOGO reservations, we were told day 2 is formal but as long as we have on pants or shorts of any kinds and a shirt that's fine. He literally said you don't have to do formal, dress pants or even a tie. He said it's your vacation do what you want.

They opened the room doors at one. They were not exactly ready, people were complaining. I told our stateroom attendant take care of the others first, we are picky, we can wait and won't complain. He looked rushed and like he was working hard all morning.