Day Pass within walking distance of International Pier

1Texansgo

Just wife and I on Liberty of Seas this year; have done Nachi and Paradise Beach and last year went to El Cid which we walked to and had a relaxing day reading and having a few cocktails. We like not having to wait for cabs and since it is just the two of us were wondering about other day pass options within walking distance of International Pier or a short cab away-like AI but not mandatory. I have heard good and bad things about Park Royal but can't find a vendor selling these day passes(couldn't find them on shoreexcursioneer or resortforaday.) Appreciate any advice.

Just wife and I on Liberty of Seas this year; have done Nachi and Paradise Beach and last year went to El Cid which we walked to and had a relaxing day reading and having a few cocktails. We like not having to wait for cabs and since it is just the two of us were wondering about other day pass options within walking distance of International Pier or a short cab away-like AI but not mandatory. I have heard good and bad things about Park Royal but can't find a vendor selling these day passes(couldn't find them on shoreexcursioneer or resortforaday.) Appreciate any advice.

We like park royal.

Pass not sold online but very easy to get a day pass by purchasing in the lobby on the day- therefore if the weather is bad you haven’t lost anything. Much better choice of pools than El cid and inside buffet lunch out of heat or a couple of snack bars.

Only con- hours are 11-6 local time for consumption which may/may not fit in with your port hours - you can arrive and purchase pass earlier but not eat or drink before 11am.

We loved Park Royal and have returned once but were turned away as the condos were full and no day passes available. ElCid was OK too but we liked Park Royal much more. As mentioned, if they’re full we can just taxi to Paradise Beach, our go-to most of the time anyway.

• 1 month later...
El Cid is OK but if you are wanting a beach... there is only a very small area of sand and entrance into the ocean.... pool was fine.

I don't plan on going back to El Cid. Little to no shade around the pool. Thatch umbrellas all gone by the time we arrived at 11:00 a.m. Awning type structure was packed: there was no space between lounge chairs. The buffet food was not great. The waiters in the restaurant were very nice and friendly though and they gave us great nachos and guacamole. The only way into cold water was via steps attached to the wall. I can't remember what I paid but it was a lot in comparison to what we received. I live on the east coast of Florida where the beaches are much nicer so I am spoiled. I plan on reading the reviews on these boards before I go back to Cozumel.