How much time needed to reboard in Le Havre France?

CPAWhitehead

We are cruising in June and have the 1 night layover in Le Havre France. We are spending the night in Paris (on our own) -- and the best bus route I could find that's left is supposed to get us back to Le Havre at 9:30 PM (21:30) - only 2.5 hours before departure -- and that scares me -- but there were no other bus routes except for early morning

The Ship departs at 11:59PM. I am worried whether that is enough time to get re-boarded in time. I called the cruise line and they said be back on board by 10:30 - which that only gives me 1 hour to get from the bus station to the dock -- which is only a few miles -- maybe a 30 minute walk- i'm hoping i can prearrange a taxi. Is there customs or anything that might slow us down-- what if we run into snags? How long does it usually take to re-enter the boat after being on shore overnight.

I am terrified i will miss our ship.

Any suggestions / thoughts? I hate to miss my whole second day -- and maybe when i get to Paris -- i can get an earlier train / bus back -- but for pre-ordering -- that's the best i could do -- unless i wanted to leave at 10:30 am - and miss my whole second day? But would rather do that than miss my ship??

if you are back at 9:30 pm it is not a problem the bus station is not that far & probably will have taxis waiting if not maybe the bus personal can call one

not sure what customs you could possibly have

have you looked on google maps to see where the station is from the port ?

Edited by LHT28

All the trains seem to be booked. I haven’t found any for our date except this one that leaves at 7pm arrives at 9:30pm. And one that leaves at 10:15 am. (Too early). It’s on 6/10/18 from Paris to Le Havre.

I did look at the map and see it’s only a 10 min drive or 30 min walk. I saw some say taxis wouldn’t want the short distance fares. And do the buses ever get caught up in traffic or anything? Can they be late? The isilines I think. Found it on ouibus (SNCF website).

And I’m not sure what I have to do to get back on boat. Can we just board or have to go through customs / security whatever to hold us up. Don’t plan to buy that much of anything. Maybe a few small gifts. So if I buy stuff then I have to go through customs and that could take time? Or ok if it’s under $200 or so. They said they want us on Board by 10:30. (90 min before departure). Is that accurate. Not sure what final limit is if I can still get in if I show up at 11 or even 11:30. Though I should be there by 10 unless bus runs late. Hopefully not tho.

And I’m not sure what I have to do to get back on boat. Can we just board or have to go through customs / security whatever to hold us up. Don’t plan to buy that much of anything. Maybe a few small gifts. So if I buy stuff then I have to go through customs and that could take time? Or ok if it’s under $200 or so. They said they want us on Board by 10:30. (90 min before departure). Is that accurate. Not sure what final limit is if I can still get in if I show up at 11 or even 11:30. Though I should be there by 10 unless bus runs late. Hopefully not tho.

you walk onboard put your stuff through the scanner they swipe you in & off you go

Usually they want you onboard 30 mins prior just confirm with the ship's personnel before you leave the ship ..

maybe the earlier time is to make sure people are back in plenty of time

Take a couple of deep breaths and relax. There are multiple trains between Paris and le Havre, as well as the bus. Both the bus station and the train station in le Havre are within a 30 min walk or a 3 min taxi to the cruise terminal. If there aren't taxis waiting at the bus station, walk 1 minute to the train station. I can't imagine a situation, with a cruise ship in port, where there wouldn't be a line of waiting taxis.

If you are back at the ship an hour before sail time, you're fine. That's 11:00pm. There's no passport control or Customs to worry about. Just show your sail pass card and ID when asked by Security.