Another what would you do? Conquest Vs Elation

MermaidMommy03

Hi all I have been up all night looking a cruises. I am trying to book before my husband backs out. He has never cruised and he is nervous and scared. Now it is pretty close and its a summer cruise so finding a deal is hard.

Here are two of my best options

Carnival Elation 5 Day

*Jacksonville

*Half Moon Cay

*Nassau

All 5 of us in one ocean view cabin (2 adults, kids 4, 8,10)

Carnival Conquest 5 Day

*Ft Lauderdale

*Nassau

*Half Moon Cay

*Grand Turk

2 Rooms one ocean view and a interior across the hall but $700 more!

The sensation is also in budget with a similar itinerary to the Elation

Depends on your budget. I wouldn't pay $700 more for the extra room and Grand Turk.

I would probably still go with the Sensation cruise because it includes Grand Turk (as long as it is a reasonable price for you).

I would also choose the Conquest. I just got off of it after dry dock in December. It is a better ship and better itinerary. I know you are paying more, but you will also have more room. I am not sure where you live, but getting to the FLL airport is usually less expensive.

If I was in my "money is not the issue" mode, I would choose the Conquest too... that itinerary is better and really like Grand Turk, and we personally love the Conquest.

However, I personally would consider $700 pretty steep for the difference (though you are getting a 2nd room) and might consider doing the other one instead for that big of a difference if I was in my "tightwad" mode. My theory is that pays for almost 1/2 another cruise.

If you can afford the $700 Do the Conquest for sure.

I would also choose the Conquest. I just got off of it after dry dock in December. It is a better ship and better itinerary. I know you are paying more, but you will also have more room. I am not sure where you live, but getting to the FLL airport is usually less expensive.

My bad I should have mentioned we live in Central Florida.

If I was in my "money is not the issue" mode, I would choose the Conquest too... that itinerary is better and really like Grand Turk, and we personally love the Conquest.

However, I personally would consider $700 pretty steep for the difference (though you are getting a 2nd room) and might consider doing the other one instead for that big of a difference if I was in my "tightwad" mode. My theory is that pays for almost 1/2 another cruise.

If you can afford the $700 Do the Conquest for sure.

Yes this is great advice... Maybe we could do a Thanksgiving cruise!