Free at sea UBP question.

OneGun16

So we have 3 people in our room. I’m aware that only guests 1 and 2 get the beverage package. The issue is, guest 1 doesn’t want the beverage package, but guest 3 does. We thought we had this worked out when we made the reservation initially, but apparently not. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it fixable? I tried calling NCL but got placed on a long hold and didn’t have time to wait.

Thanks in advance.

i thought everyone in the room had to have UBP that was of age if you chose this.

If an adult BUYS the UBP, all other adults 21 and older have to also have the UBP (either through promo or purchase) and all guests between 3 and 20 must have (either through promo or purchase) the soda program.

If guests 1 & 2 receive the UBP as a promo, nobody else has to buy anything.

What about a 10 year old child in room with parents having UBP. Does child have to purchase soda pkg ?

If parents have the UBP promo, nothing needs to be purchased for the child or anyone else (adult or child) in the stateroom.

If any adult buys the UBP, the child would need to purchase the soda program.

So we have 3 people in our room. I’m aware that only guests 1 and 2 get the beverage package. The issue is, guest 1 doesn’t want the beverage package, but guest 3 does. We thought we had this worked out when we made the reservation initially, but apparently not. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it fixable? I tried calling NCL but got placed on a long hold and didn’t have time to wait.

Thanks in advance.

Call them or your TA, and have them switch the passengers around.

Our case on the Dawn, November 2017, Garden Villa, 6 guests 21 and older. Guest one and two received the UBP as a promotion. One additional guest aged 21 purchased the UBP. No other guest chose or were required to purchase the UBP or the soda plan. Our PCC took care of this for us before the cruise.

There is conflicting information floating around on C.C. so do not be embarrased to ask your PCC what can be done for your situation . Sometimes NCL conflicts it's own statements on their website.

Swap the guest listed as one and three and this should fix the UBP problem. Enjoy your cruise and the delicious beverages as well!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Make guest #3 become guest #1 and the current guest #1 becomes guest #3.

We did exactly this when our adult daughter decided to join our cruise. I originally was #1 but changed the order so DH and DD got the promo and I did not. Easy peasy

I have another situation to add to the mix: we are a family of 5 cruising in July. My 3 sons, 22, 20 & 17 are in an inside cabin. The 22 and 20 year old have the UBP perk - the 22 year old has the alcohol package, and 20 year old has the soda package. Since NCL allows parents to give consent to a 20 year old for the wine and beer package, I wanted to switch the 20 year old and 17 year old so that the 17 year old could have the soda package, but NCL wouldn't allow me to.

If an adult BUYS the UBP, all other adults 21 and older have to also have the UBP (either through promo or purchase) and all guests between 3 and 20 must have (either through promo or purchase) the soda program.

If guests 1 & 2 receive the UBP as a promo, nobody else has to buy anything.

So...if you have 4 adults and a child in a cabin and guest 1 & 2 have the UBP perk - if guest 3 wishes to purchase the UBP then guest 4 HAS to as well??

So...if you have 4 adults and a child in a cabin and guest 1 & 2 have the UBP perk - if guest 3 wishes to purchase the UBP then guest 4 HAS to as well??
Yes, and guest 5 (the child) would have to purchase the soda program according to the terms.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program - NCL website.

Yes, and guest 5 (the child) would have to purchase the soda program according to the terms.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program - NCL website.

Is there an age limit for the child?? He will be 3!! [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there an age limit for the child?? He will be 3!!

I believe that 3 through 12 is $5.95pppd (plus 20%;)). I would guess that 3 is the minimum age like for the DSC but not 100% sure. It would only apply if someone was purchasing the UBP and since that is so expensive, the child's soda program would be a minor (annoying) expense.

This was not our experience. We had 4 in one room with 2 having UBP. Guest 3 purchased soda package on the ship. Guest 4 has nothing. We were told it was not required for all since we had UBP. YMMV on the ship.

I have another situation to add to the mix: we are a family of 5 cruising in July. My 3 sons, 22, 20 & 17 are in an inside cabin. The 22 and 20 year old have the UBP perk - the 22 year old has the alcohol package, and 20 year old has the soda package. Since NCL allows parents to give consent to a 20 year old for the wine and beer package, I wanted to switch the 20 year old and 17 year old so that the 17 year old could have the soda package, but NCL wouldn't allow me to.

We have a 19 year old. We were told we can give her permission to drink once in international waters, but she is not eligible to purchase the beer/wine package. She has to pay per drink.

I believe that 3 through 12 is $5.95pppd (plus 20%;)). I would guess that 3 is the minimum age like for the DSC but not 100% sure. It would only apply if someone was purchasing the UBP and since that is so expensive, the child's soda program would be a minor (annoying) expense.

A little more research - and I came across this explanation of the soda package on NCL.com [emoji6]

6eff9a68fca7e642e6846ac4b203d03d.jpg

This was not our experience. We had 4 in one room with 2 having UBP. Guest 3 purchased soda package on the ship. Guest 4 has nothing. We were told it was not required for all since we had UBP. YMMV on the ship.

Which ship were you on??

:evilsmile:

Which ship were you on??

We were on the Getaway. My understanding was that the rule that if one buys, all must buy only pertains to when UBP is not one of the Free at Sea choices, whereas with UBP it is optional for the remaining stateroom passengers - and that is exactly what happened with us (and with realcindylouwho, evidently, although not sure what ship). We just purchased the soda package for Guest 3 on the first day.

:evilsmile:

We were on the Getaway. My understanding was that the rule that if one buys, all must buy only pertains to when UBP is not one of the Free at Sea choices, whereas with UBP it is optional for the remaining stateroom passengers - and that is exactly what happened with us (and with realcindylouwho, evidently, although not sure what ship). We just purchased the soda package for Guest 3 on the first day.

I thought I’d read that too! But now I’m being told that once one buys- the second one must too.

Guess we will wait to see...we will be on the Escape in September. I figure we will ask...worst they can say is no! [emoji6]

Just to clarify...

If anyone BUYS the soda program, nobody else has to buy or have anything.

If someone gets the UBP as a promo, nobody else has buy or have anything.

If someone BUYS the UBP, there are required purchases for the others in the stateroom who do not have a beverage package.