Please help with advice

bender9876

This will be our 3rd. cruise. We are thinking alittle longer than 7 days. Out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Is it a good idea to book now for April or May 2006? Also we will get a balcony so should we pick a room, or maybe trying the guarantie thing.Maybe looking at Panama Canal or Southern Carribean, thanks in advance. Jim & Rosemarie

This will be our 3rd. cruise. We are thinking alittle longer than 7 days. Out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Is it a good idea to book now for April or May 2006? Also we will get a balcony so should we pick a room, or maybe trying the guarantie thing.Maybe looking at Panama Canal or Southern Carribean, thanks in advance. Jim & Rosemarie

When DH & i have a question such as yours-we go straight to our helpful

agent-that's what they paid for and would gladly assist you.

We booked in June or July of '04 for a 10/05 Panama Canal, probably got one of the last aft balconies. When I checked prices a couple of months later they had gone up about $600pp! We are still almost 6 months away and cabins have been sold out for 2 - 3 months.

You could check your TA's policy re charges to cancel or change a booking in case something better came along. Usually prices are lower for early bookings, and also short notice bookings when they are trying to fill the ship, but you might not get the cabin you really wanted.

Book early! john

It is never too early to book. I always recommend booking early. My experience is that when you book early you get exactly what you want in terms of cabin. You will enjoy a longer cruise. I remember the first time we made the jump from a seven day cruise to a twelve day cruise it was great. We really enjoyed the extra days on ship.

Keith

When DH & i have a question such as yours-we go straight to our helpful agent-that's what they paid for and would gladly assist you.

Guess that would defeat the purpose of this web site. Skip the TA, ask your questions here...these boards contain some of the most useful information that you will find. The majority of the posters on these boards have a wealth of information that they would just love to share with you. ;)

This march we booked a cruise for May 2006 for a trans-canal 15 day out of Fll to S.F. We did this because the price was good for early booking and we had a choice of cabins. So no it is not too early to book. Go for it. And by the way we already have a roll call started and there are already 13 people yacking with me so there are alot of people out there to book as early as I.

marilyn

It's not too early to book for next April or May - especially if you are considering a balcony cabin and a Panama Canal cruise. Those itineraries go fast and balcony cabins go fast. I wouldn't count on being upgraded on that type of cruise.

We book many of our cruises 12 - 18 months in advance so that we get the cabin we want.

Have already booked the Amsterdam, Mar 22, 2006, for Hawaii.

Definitely book early. I booked today for an October cruise and was waitlisted for my first choice in dining. Personally, I do not like the guarantee category. I booked it once and by the time the cruise rolled around I had called and booked a specific cabin. I like to know where I'm going to be. Have fun planning, it's definitely part of the excitement.

Archived