Carnival Freedom Social Wifi

Griff61

I've searched and can't find anything about this so here is my question.

Does the Social Wifi plan work well ? My wife would like to just update her Facebook account while we are on our Western Caribbean cruise.

For $4 a day it is not a bad deal but not if it is really hit and miss. Is it better to maybe try and find free WiFi in ports, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan?

Anyone tried it ?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Any wifi from the ship is slooooow.

Cozumel assuming you park at the Carnival pier, across the street is a 3 or 4 story concrete building with a red front, you cant miss. First floor on the left is a place to buy wifi by the hour I use. It can get slow around Noon too if it gets crowded.

There was a coffee place in the port if you buy a coffee get free wifi. costs about the same.

Roatan is a private beach in the middle of nowhere. Are you on a excursion? town has bars and wifi places but not at the beach.

Belize port had a bar if you bought a drink for $6 or $8 you got wifi. some fancy drink forget what. Im a bit iffy about town in Belize, scary. Id stick to the country side, I didnt notice any other place in Belize port to get on wifi, but there might have been a dive shop too. Im not a diver and you had to buy something to use their wifi.

Ive heard wifi is free downtown Cozumel but its about a mile or so walk.

I want to get onto my game and social wifi wouldnt allow the bandwidth to get onto my game. Just wanna get on and collect daily gems a statue i bought gives out daily. ill probably only get online in Cozumel.

I once tried to email from a Carnival ship and lots were online at the time i guess. It took me 20 minutes just to email my parents one email. I gave up after that.

I get off early in cozumel and get on wifi before its crowded and slows down.