Suite Room Service

JEDIKNIGHT

I should know this having done many suites with Celebrity but for some reason I just don't remember.

Will a Penthouse Butler do room service from an alternative restaurant such as Tuscan Grille or Murano or Luminae?

Thanks

I should know this having done many suites with Celebrity but for some reason I just don't remember.

Will a Penthouse Butler do room service from an alternative restaurant such as Tuscan Grille or Murano or Luminae?

Thanks

Yes, in the PH the butler will give you menus for all the specialty restaurants. Order whatever you like. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While company policy is no, in the top suites they generally aim to please and often grant reasonable discretionary perks. Definitely something you can feel comfortable requesting, but realize you are asking for something extra. Be happy if granted, but be understanding if told it is not possible.

While company policy is no, in the top suites they generally aim to please and often grant reasonable discretionary perks. Definitely something you can feel comfortable requesting, but realize you are asking for something extra. Be happy if granted, but be understanding if told it is not possible.

Great advice....if we want something ‘above and beyond’ we will tend to speak to the butler the day before. Butlers will rearrange/dress the table if you are planning something special.

On occasions butlers have offered us a ‘something different’ rather than us asking. Particularly memorable was an Indian banquet one sea day.

I must be honest if I want Murano’s food I do prefer it in Murano’s with it’s wonderful tableside preparation....

Generally when we go for room service we tend to just want something simple....the French fries which come with room service burgers and sandwiches are gourmet in their own right, I am not usually a fries person but they are nice!

Hi Chemmo.....

I hear you, vis a vis food quality. Believe me.... I am a pretty easy customer and traveler. You are taking to a guy that absolutely passionately loves fancy restaurants like Burger King and McDonald's (seriously). BUT one of my few picky traits is I want my food nice and hot so believe me.....especially with a nice meal room service isn't my #1 choice.

But I'll have 2 young kids and this will be our first vacation with no nanny or my parents to watch the kids. AND....as *much* as I'd probably take some guilty pleasure in being one of the many rude people who bring little kids to nice restaurants knowing it will cause noise for other diners....I'm not quite up to doing that (yet). (5 year old has some ADHD issues and after the 1st 20 minutes of the meal, we're screwed)

So room service is a treat. Past butlers have done marvelous course-buy-course from MDR. This time I'm really hoping to do that with Luminae and Tuscan Grille.

Hi Chemmo.....

I hear you, vis a vis food quality. Believe me.... I am a pretty easy customer and traveler. You are taking to a guy that absolutely passionately loves fancy restaurants like Burger King and McDonald's (seriously). BUT one of my few picky traits is I want my food nice and hot so believe me.....especially with a nice meal room service isn't my #1 choice.

But I'll have 2 young kids and this will be our first vacation with no nanny or my parents to watch the kids. AND....as *much* as I'd probably take some guilty pleasure in being one of the many rude people who bring little kids to nice restaurants knowing it will cause noise for other diners....I'm not quite up to doing that (yet). (5 year old has some ADHD issues and after the 1st 20 minutes of the meal, we're screwed)

So room service is a treat. Past butlers have done marvelous course-buy-course from MDR. This time I'm really hoping to do that with Luminae and Tuscan Grille.

I don’t think you will have an issue.

Can I also suggest what we have seen a family do previously in Luminae when traveling with a very lively little one? They looked at the evening menu at breakfast time and made their choices and said what time they would be arriving. On arrival their starters then came almost immediately....Service wasn’t rushed for them but it flowed. Most evenings with the fuss and attention the little one received from staff he lasted the meal and waved goodbye to everyone as he left. One evening their little one was becoming ‘fractious’ towards the end of the meal so the M’ D simply sent their desserts to their suite.

Staff (and other guests) love parents who do consider the wellbeing of their children and are conscious of the ambiance of dining areas....I am sure you will receive a welcome wherever your family choose to dine.

I suggest you share your concerns with either your butler or the concierge....not only can they then instruct Luminae and the speciality restaurants to be open to suggestions of in suite dining they can be aware when you do as a family book in speedy service would be appreciated!

If you have a Q’Sine on your cruise it could be a good venue to try with your children. The novelty presentation and tapas size portions may keep the children entertained...

If you do fancy some time off remember there is a baby sitting option....

Sincere best wishes for a great family cruise!