Pre-Dinner drinks and App Breakaway

umpisoccer

Still hoping to hear what everyone's opinion is on the best places to go for pre-dinner drinks and apps. What places on the waterfront section are the best?

Shaker's Martini Bar has a nice area on the Waterfront. Malting's Whiskey Bar on the starboard side also has an area on the Waterfront, but that area is also the smoking area. So, if you don't smoke you might want to pass on it.

If the weather is bad an you want to stay inside, the Prime Meridian Bar between Cagney's and Moderno is very nice. All of these are on Deck 8.

Linda

If you're up for spending a little extra money or OBC, Wasabi has small yakitori dishes in addition to their sushi. It could be a decent place to just grab a couple small bites for under $10 and sip a drink. Even though it's 2 decks apart, it would be a good spot to hang out before a Teppanyaki dinner at least.

Wasabi sushi would be about the only place on the Waterfront where you can buy appetizers. There are plenty of places for pre-dinner drinks, and most restaurants have a bar right outside of them. The apps are usually the first course served at dinner, so doing it separately can be complicated. If you just want free stuff, you can go in O'Sheehan's or to the buffet. The restaurants are the places to get apps.

Lots of bars have snack mix that you can have with your drinks. If that's what you're looking for, just ask the bartender.

I would vote for sushi/sashimi, a lychee martini. I haven't sailed Breakaway in a couple years. But when I did, Ocean Blue had a raw bar (at the bar outside the dining venue). We did it and it was fun. They also had some very nice premium cocktails not available elsewhere on the ship. I wonder if they still have that or did away with it.