Baltimore Hotel

champagne123

We are sailing from Baltimore on January 19 and were considering the Brookshire - great prices. But friends who live in Baltimore advised against that area as not being particularly safe or having good places to eat - they recommended the Harbor East area - so we are at the Hilton Garden on South President St, - not that much more expensive.

I've not stayed at that particular hotel, but that's really not a bad area of Baltimore. I would agree with the previous poster that there has become more to do in Harbor East, and that area has a different "feel". The hotel you're looking at is a block from the Gallery at Harborplace, a smallish but OK mall, the Renaissance Hotel, and the Inner Harbor. There are several hotels in the immediate area. Food choices are going to probably require a little effort; they're there, but if you're not from the area, you'll be looking at a block or two that may not feel comfortable in the evening (the Royal Farms Arena is only a couple of blocks away, and there's a large live music venue a couple of blocks the opposite direction; the area can be very busy in the evening).

My thoughts. I usually either stay at the Renaissance or the Hotel Monaco when I'm in Baltimore...