Outlet for CPAP on Seaside?

Maeves Nana

We did not have one. I just used an extension cord from the counter over to the bedside. I would note that although one 12' extension would work, but I used a 18' one. This way I had some extra length so could run the cord along the floor and under the bed. I laid a towel over the space between the cabinet and bed. That way, DW couldn't trip over the cord in the dark. We are getting to that age where you need to take brief 'walkabouts' in the middle of the night!

There are two 120v outlets and two 240v outlets (European two-prong type), If you want to leave one open, you could bring an extension with three outlets. I assume the power cord for one of the CPAPs can go across the floor from one side of the bed to the other.

I assume then that MSC will not (if needed) supply an extension cord and distilled water for CPAPs as other lines do? Not a big deal since I carry an extension cord anyway (which is subject to confiscation on some lines) for the pre-cruise hotel night. If distilled water is not provided then I will either use tap water or just go without as I do all summer long here in Houston.

We are currently booked for our first MSC cruise in December in a outside YC cabin on the Seaside. Looking forward to the change and interested to see how the YC compares with Celebrity's Sky Suites.

Thanks for the info. JAGR. We always bring an 18' cord just in case. I would think MSC would provide the distilled water. We never had a line not provide the water. We did give all of them a heads up that we would need it. Our next 2 sailings are with MSC. First time with this line.

Cords are not guaranteed, and the only one they had was 240v. We just bring a cord that has three outlets, and it doesn't have a GFCI, so it is legal. They do supply distilled water. We were in YC, and I'd say the room is slightly smaller than Sky Suite, but you will love the service much more. With the Bar and Restaurant up front, you have two stories of glass to look out at the ocean, the private pool and bar on the upper deck was never crowded! Food is subjective, but they aim to please and if Celebrity is an 8 on food, MSC YC is a solid 10. They have snack in the lounge all day with items changed out at least every hour. They have high tea every afternoon, and fabulous live entertainment during meal time (piano, violin, jazz sax, etc.).

Put it this way. We have three more YC sailings booked with MSC, and they are all B2Bs.

through

I assume then that MSC will not (if needed) supply an extension cord and distilled water for CPAPs as other lines do?

We are currently booked for our first MSC cruise in December in a outside YC cabin on the Seaside. Looking forward to the change and interested to see how the YC compares with Celebrity's Sky Suites.

They do have the water. We put it on a medical request form, and had our travel agent note it. Still had to remind them when we got on board, but they were quick to get it.

Thanks for the info. JAGR. We always bring an 18' cord just in case. I would think MSC would provide the distilled water. We never had a line not provide the water. We did give all of them a heads up that we would need it. Our next 2 sailings are with MSC. First time with this line.

They do have the water. We put it on a medical request form, and had our travel agent note it. Still had to remind them when we got on board, but they were quick to get it.

Thanks very much JAGR for the above comment and your other responses. From everything that I have read, YC should be a great choice for us after two recent Sky Suite sailings.

I did send MSC a medical request form, but never got a response. But, like I mentioned before, not to concerned about this since I carry an extension cord anyway for the hotel. Funny, but Celebrity states very clearly the any type of extension cord is prohibited, but the last two cruises I just carry them on in my carry on bag and security never said a word (had to have been clearly visible in the x-ray machine). I had already made pre-cruise arrangements with Celebrity for them to supply their cord, which they have, so I just planned to have mine confiscated and if so, they could keep it.

I assume then that MSC will not (if needed) supply an extension cord and distilled water for CPAPs as other lines do? Not a big deal since I carry an extension cord anyway (which is subject to confiscation on some lines) for the pre-cruise hotel night. If distilled water is not provided then I will either use tap water or just go without as I do all summer long here in Houston.

We purchased some of those heavy duty magnet hooks and hubby put two on the ceiling and ran his cord from the desk to the bedside. Worked great. No worries about tripping over cord on floor.

We purchased some of those heavy duty magnet hooks and hubby put two on the ceiling and ran his cord from the desk to the bedside. Worked great. No worries about tripping over cord on floor.

Great idea! Would have never of thought of hanging the cord from the ceiling. A couple years ago on Celebrity the cabin attendant did it the easy way; just put a hand towel over the cord. Luckily only about 3-4 feet of cable was exposed (not under the bed) so it was not a problem, but sure was a strange solution. Your idea is better, maybe I can hang some towels over the cord (my wife would have me swimming with the fishes in about 10 seconds LOL).

I filled out the request form and both water and cord was in our cabin.

Funny thing, the cord was one of those big, long, orange ones like the workers on the ship use!