Spa

aamato27

I have heard that the are discounts on spa treatments during the cruise. Does anyone know if this is true? We are going on the Magic in April for my husbands birthday and what to do a couples massage. I already booked a treatment but can cancel.

There are always discounts, how much & how many depend on how much trouble they are having filling their books. So it really all depends. I see more discounts offered on port days, of course, when they don't have a captive audience. I see lots of specials for the cheaper treatments - often find a 3 for $99 that you can pick & choose from a list. You never know, I don't think you can lose anything by cancelling & then re-booking, even if you don't see a discount.

I have heard that the are discounts on spa treatments during the cruise. Does anyone know if this is true? We are going on the Magic in April for my husbands birthday and what to do a couples massage. I already booked a treatment but can cancel.

Yes, they do. The most popular promo for massage treatments are 10/20/30. They will give you 10% off the 1st (or more expensive), 20% off the 2nd (next less expensive) and 30% off the 3rd - when it comes to couples massages. Otherwise, they will give you the 10/20/30 discounts based on most to least expensive spa/salon treatments.

Having said that, we ALWAYS book a minimum of 3 couples massages on each cruise. I book and pay in advance of sailing b/c I want to ensure the time slot prior to sailing. We like the 1st massage of the morning on all sea days. They don't advertise couples massages as being a part of that promo and we never get the discount in advance. However, EVERY sailing they have given it to us after the 3rd massage - S&S account is always credited for the discount(s) as well.

On a last note, if you wish to do a regular massage that is not listed as a "couples" massage, like (personal favorite - ginger salt & lime glo) ask them on day one and they will generally make arrangements to give you the massage you ask for. ;)

Don't know which ports of call you're visiting, but why not save yourself money and look into a beach massage. It'll be close to 300 for your 50 minute couples massage on board after you include the gratuity and you could easily find an hour one on the beach for 100 or so.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Don't know which ports of call you're visiting, but why not save yourself money and look into a beach massage. It'll be close to 300 for your 50 minute couples massage on board after you include the gratuity and you could easily find an hour one on the beach for 100 or so.

While we agree this is true ... there is NO experience like a couples massage on the boat! Despite the cost, you get what you pay for. The DH and I do couples massages here in town, as well as during a few excursions and they in no way shape or form compare to the ones on the boat. $379 for 75 minute hot stones massage - expensive, but phenomenal. IOHO of course.

There is a discount on 7-day pass for thermal suites and pool.

**question- can a girl-friend of mine, that is cruising with me (we are not a "couple", just friends), and I, which we are also in different staterooms, get the couple package?

Would anyone happen to know that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by rachella

Something very important for you to do is call whomever you booked the cruise with and have them add to your account that your celebrating your birthday because on the second day you will get a $50 off giftcard to use in the spa