Valor Suite

Allonsea

Hiya.

My partner and I are planning our first cruise next year. We’re looking to sail out of Galveston for a 5-day western Caribbean cruise - just looking to get our feet wet really. We’ve never done a cruise before so we don’t know what to expect or what to prepare for.

I’m thinking about booking a Valor Ocean Suite, but I’m not ready to pull the trigger on it quite yet. Is it worth it?

I’d like for us to be able to have a nice breakfast on the balcony with enough space for coffee and fruit and whatnot. I understand that most staterooms are dollhouse sized, but it there much of a difference between a balcony and a suite on valor?

I wasn’t aware that there were so many different categories of balcony rooms or suites. It’s all a bit overwhelming. Any advice or information that can be provided on the difference between them would be super helpful.

Grayson

Allons-y!

Cruise Critic has *hundreds* of photos of all the different stateroom categories on just about every ship. I definitely recommend looking that up. Not here on the boards but in their actual website.

I tried looking but I don’t see a section for ocean suites. It has photos of Capitan suites, but I don’t see any of junior v grand v ocean. But then again I’m on my phone. I might be looking in the wrong place

Allons-y!

I tried looking but I don’t see a section for ocean suites. It has photos of Capitan suites, but I don’t see any of junior v grand v ocean. But then again I’m on my phone. I might be looking in the wrong place

Allons-y!

I just googled Carnival ocean suites and the 4th link down was one with pics from the Valor (room 7175 I believe) and a lot of pics. We enjoy suites and have stayed in many OS on Carnival ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been in a balcony on Valor and just got off Liberty in an Ocean Suite. Personally, I don't think the suite was worth the premium. Yes, the extra space was nice with 3 people in the cabin, but we've decided to book an aft balcony on our next cruise when it's just DH and I. The suite balcony is wider, but I think the depth of the aft balcony will be better for enjoying the balcony.

I prefer suites over a balcony because of the closets and dressing room area. I also like the whirlpool tub, not for a bath though, too small for that, just like showering better in them. The cabins seem bigger too.