Question about MSC Seaside Grand Suite balconies on Deck 12 - did I make a mistake?

shutterbug63

New to MSC. Just booked a Grand Suite on the Seaside. It's 12003 - Deck 12, forward on the corner.

Looking at the renderings, it looks like the "railing" is steel, not plexiglass, which wouldn't really work for me. Did I make a mistake? I really don't want a steel balcony.

Does anyone know anything about this cabin/balcony? Thanks - any info (or even speculation) would be appreciated.

New to MSC. Just booked a Grand Suite on the Seaside. It's 12003 - Deck 12, forward on the corner.

Looking at the renderings, it looks like the "railing" is steel, not plexiglass, which wouldn't really work for me. Did I make a mistake? I really don't want a steel balcony.

Does anyone know anything about this cabin/balcony? Thanks - any info (or even speculation) would be appreciated.

All the corner Grand Suites on Seaside have a steel balcony. It happened by default of the ship design itself. If you look at some side views of the ship, you will notice that they wanted people to visualize some shapes and curves (the ship that follows the sun). There are even some regular balcony cabins that have steel part of full balcony. You can see the same with some of the Aft Suites.

I know for most people when you are lounging on you balcony you want to be able to see the ocean. Unfortunately with these steel balconies you loose that view.

By the way, the Meraviglia also has steel balconies in its forward and corner suites. Something that MSC likes I suppose.

You are aware though that the GS you have 12003 is a One Bedroom /One Bath suite?

• 3 weeks later...