Ruby Share ?s

patrickmoran

I confess to being a big cheerleader of SHARE/Crown Grill/Sabatini's/Sabatini's Tratoria. We do not have our dinner in them every evening, but we do enjoy them most nights. For the life of me, I cannot understand why my enjoyment of those venues makes others uncomfortable, but, apparently, it does.

I am not uncomfortable that you enjoy these venues.

What I unhappy with is that Princess lowered the variety and quality of food in the main dining rooms to almost force passengers to go to a specialty restaurant for good food.

What I unhappy with is that Princess lowered the variety and quality of food in the main dining rooms to almost force passengers to go to a specialty restaurant for good food.

I apologize if I mischaracterized your reaction, Caribill. I could not think of a word that explained so many peoples' knee-jerk negative response to specialty restaurant dining.

Your complaint about Princess lowering the variety and quality of food in the main dining rooms is not unreasonable. The problem I have is that you are posting it on a conversation founded for the purpose of discussing a specialty restaurant. Why don't you start a conversation on Princess lowering the variety and quality of food in the main dining rooms?

I might quibble with your argument that Princess is "almost forcing passengers to go to a specialty restaurant for good food." I, for one, have often posted that I think the dining room food is fine. I have also posted that the Crown Grill menu is quite pedestrian. I just do not enjoy the production oriented experience in the dining room. OK, I'm the weirdo. Also, however, by placing your argument in this conversation, it easy for a reader to infer (correctly or incorrectly) that those who enjoy specialty restaurants are complicit with Princess' plan. So, again, I have to wonder why you don't start your own thread on this topic.

If we were speaking of an NCL ship, with its half dozen or more specialty restaurants, it would be plausible. However, Princess Specialty Restaurants have nowhere near the capacity to feed passengers if there was a considerable revolt or boycott of the MDR.

A strive for increased profitability is the culprit.

A light bulb went off in my head as I read a discussion in another thread about MDR "lobster the size of a large shrimp" and the reply about being in Halifax soon where "you can get real lobster."

Now I understand all those expensive Princess excursions for Salmon Bakes, Lobster Boils, etc.

HaHa! Declining MDR food is not about driving Specialty Dining traffic; it's about boosting excursion sales!