FTTF on Carnival Legend - loved it!

lecach

Just got off Legend today. Loved FTTF. It's clear that the staff arent quite used to it yet though.

When we got to the port around 11:15 we asked a rep where to enter. They told us we had to wait in the LONG line that stretched back to the curb. We asked another rep and they said "oh you enter right here". We went in and straight to check in. The lady told us our room wouldn't be ready. But that we could board. We walked right on and to our cabin. It was ready of course . Took maybe 20 minutes from taxi to cabin but would have been even faster if there had not been confusion on where to enter. Our luggage was there by 2:00 - the first ones on our hall to arrive.

We loved having the special line at the front desk. Never had to wait.

The special phone line never worked - couldn't get a live person.

We had no issues getting a steak house reservation. It was half empty the night we went (first night).

We didn't need the priority tenders.

Debarkation we waited in a special lounge for zone 1. Then they led us out but we got in line behind a bunch of other people. I had thought we were told that we'd be first out after self assist but this was not the case. No big deal really.

all in all we felt it was worth it just to get on board faster and to drop off our carry ons.

There are several doors with staff and a rope in front of them. The line of people stretched down to the right. The far left door is the one that the rep matter of factly told us to enter through. We saw some platinum guests enter there too so that must be "the" door. I felt a little bad to be "cutting in line" but that's where they told us to go.

Then at the top we told them that we were FTTF and they walked us to an open check in person.

Make sure when the porters are taking your bags that you tell them you are FTTF - they put special yellow FTTF tags on the bags to make sure they get to your room early.

We had a great experience with FTTF on the Fascination last week, especially with embarkation and luggage. Just let staff know when you get there that you have FTTF.

Now debarkation was a different story - no special treatment there at all - they let diamond and platinum off first but not us, we were with everyone else.

I also felt it was worth the extra cost which to me wasn't much considering you don't have to wait in those long lines:eek:

There are several doors with staff and a rope in front of them. The line of people stretched down to the right. The far left door is the one that the rep matter of factly told us to enter through. We saw some platinum guests enter there too so that must be "the" door. I felt a little bad to be "cutting in line" but that's where they told us to go.

Then at the top we told them that we were FTTF and they walked us to an open check in person.

Make sure when the porters are taking your bags that you tell them you are FTTF - they put special yellow FTTF tags on the bags to make sure they get to your room early.

So I'm guessing that when you printed your cruise docs. and luggage tags, there was nothing on the luggage tags to indicate FTTF?

We too were on the Legend last week and did F2F. I agree with the OP on everything. Well worth the $50 to us.

Make sure that when you get to the port, you start flashing your F2F docs around and someone will grab you and take you to the front of the line.

We got to the port around 11:15, dropped my stuff of in the room and had my first drink by 11:45.

We also felt like being in group 1 for debarkation was smooth. We were scheduled to leave the ship at 9:30, but they called us at 9:15 (After tracking down Robin Mustard, who was paged like 20 times). Within 15 minutes we had our bags, breezed through customs and was in a cab.

If Carnival charged $100 we would still do F2F.

-F-

Archived