Pride leaving on time!!! :)

KPfromCT

Too little, too late for all of us that cruised her in the past few weeks. Lost us as customers. Period

I am not excusing Carnival for poor service or a dirty ship, but that kind of stuff happens on all the big lines right after a dry dock. Read reviews on RCI and NCL boards for ships fresh out of dry dock. Unfortunately they are all too quick to put a ship back in service, before she is really ready.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am not excusing Carnival for poor service or a dirty ship, but that kind of stuff happens on all the big lines right after a dry dock. Read reviews on RCI and NCL boards for ships fresh out of dry dock. Unfortunately they are all too quick to put a ship back in service, before she is really ready.

Thank you, but I have been cruising for many, many years and know exactly how it works.

Thank you, but I have been cruising for many, many years and know exactly how it works.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but if you already knew the potential experience of a post dry dock cruise and sailed anyway, I just want to know why you would write off an entire cruise line?

I'm not trying to sound rude, but if you already knew the potential experience of a post dry dock cruise and sailed anyway, I just want to know why you would write off an entire cruise line?

I know you are not trying to be rude. Sorry if I made you feel that way. The way everything was done on the Pride, is unheard of. People screaming that they had flights to catch, but it did not matter to THEM. THREE hours late for disembark. So anyone that had a 2:00 or UNDER flight, missed it. I was not one of them. It really was not a problem for me as we rented a car for other destinations, BUT, all of the people that had flights and limos that were in my section, were hysterical.

It is advised by CARNIVAL itself, NOT to book flights before 12. All of those people missed their flights. Who pays for this? Carnival? Of course not.

Too little, too late for all of us that cruised her in the past few weeks. Lost us as customers. Period

So you surveyed everyone and was also elected spokesperson for the group? Wow. :rolleyes:

So you surveyed everyone and was also elected spokesperson for the group? Wow. :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha ha. Were you there? Did you see what happened? No, you were not or you would have stated as such. It was insane. Hopefully you never have to experience what the rest of us did.

Where did I say I surveyed everyone???? Ugh. Never said that. I was THERE. YOU were NOT. It was an escalating mayhem as many people here have already testified to.

Ugh. You said "all of us that cruised her". How did/do you know "all of us that cruised her" had a bad experience? :rolleyes:

How do you know if I was there or not? Did you already jump to that assumption as well?

Hopefully you never have to experience what the rest of us did.

Ha Ha Ha Ha. Oh no, the humanity. I surely hope you get a free cruise for your pain and suffering...

Ugh. You said "all of us that cruised her". How did/do you know "all of us that cruised her" had a bad experience? :rolleyes:

How do you know if I was there or not? Did you already jump to that assumption as well?

Because, if you WERE there, you would know what happened. YOU would have missed your flight or ride. Riots were going on. Oh, wait, did you not see them?

Edited by champagne123
xxxx

Because, if you WERE there, you would know what happened. YOU would have missed your flight or ride. Riots were going on. Oh, wait, did you not see them?

Riots? Did the police come out with tear gas and rubber bullets?

People missed flights because they went against Carnival recommendations to not book returning flights before noon. Hard to feel sorry for them.

It's both Carnival AND the Port of Tampa...but I guess its easy to only blame one...

----

I've been on cruises that have been 4+ hours late getting back and missed afternoon flights. I have been on cruises that could not dock until the following day due to fog and the port was closed. Ship happens. I didn't complain and start a "I Can't Disembark" campaign....

Edited by YorN

Ha Ha Ha Ha. Oh no, the humanity. I surely hope you get a free cruise for your pain and suffering...

What???? Do you wear glasses? Put them on. I stated I never had a problem. Why would I need a free cruise? Again, why are you putting words in my mouth and everyone elses? Really?

What???? Do you wear glasses? Put them on. I stated I never had a problem. Why would I need a free cruise? Again, why are you putting words in my mouth and everyone elses? Really?

"It was insane. Hopefully you never have to experience what the rest of us did."

Looks like you had a problem..... :eek:

Put putting words in one's mouth...I'm not the one saying every cruiser on the Pride post 2.0 had a bad experience. ;-)

Edited by YorN

I know you are not trying to be rude. Sorry if I made you feel that way. The way everything was done on the Pride, is unheard of. People screaming that they had flights to catch, but it did not matter to THEM. THREE hours late for disembark. So anyone that had a 2:00 or UNDER flight, missed it. I was not one of them. It really was not a problem for me as we rented a car for other destinations, BUT, all of the people that had flights and limos that were in my section, were hysterical.

It is advised by CARNIVAL itself, NOT to book flights before 12. All of those people missed their flights. Who pays for this? Carnival? Of course not.

I am assuming that it was more than just fog that delayed disembark. We board the Pride on Dec. 21. Have heard a lot about fog delays and some about other issues at embark and disembark. How disorganized can they be??

Thankfully we are hanging around a few extra days, so we will just take our time getting off the ship to hopefully avoid the whole mess.

I was on the Pride with my family to celebrate Thanksgiving. We left late, missed one two ports had Costa Maya to replace one of the missed ports. Had great service, ship was clean, food was good as usual. Can't wait to get back on her in 3 weeks. Just another adventure.

Early flights are advised against by Carnival. When flying in or out same day you always have to accept the risk.

Riots? My understanding is that the ship was late returning because of fog? I have never cruised on Carnival or out of Tampa, I am new to CC, I have read to know that Tampa as fog this time of year and that out of any port you need to be careful about booking flights too early. If you need to get of quick take your own luggage.

I was on the Pride with my family to celebrate Thanksgiving. We left late, missed one two ports had Costa Maya to replace one of the missed ports. Had great service, ship was clean, food was good as usual. Can't wait to get back on her in 3 weeks. Just another adventure.

Early flights are advised against by Carnival. When flying in or out same day you always have to accept the risk.

Sounds like in spite of the weather/sea conditions, which I have read caused the missed ports, you had a wonderful cruise. Nothing we can do about the fog, which I also learned is a problem in Tampa at this time of year.

Always have to be careful when booking return flights, making sure they are not booked to early, especially from a port like Tampa, which does frequently have fog.

I have found that many people are in real rush to get off the ship. If you don't have a flight to catch, what's the rush?

Where did I say I surveyed everyone???? Ugh. Never said that. I was THERE. YOU were NOT. It was an escalating mayhem as many people here have already testified to.

I never said you surveyed everyone. I asked you if you did. That ? at the end of my sentance is a question mark. That means I asked a question. If it was a statement, it would have ended with a period.

I was just curious as to your method of determining everyone that has sailed the Pride the past few weeks had issues or a bad time.

I was on this cruise that had a pretty rough debarkcation. We were late coming into port, so yes everything else will be delayed as well. While it was slightly frustrating, where I was the complaining was at a minimum. Couple people made lido runs for others to get coffee or juice. I was getting a ride from a family member and not catching a flight, so we didn't really get stressed about it. As soon as our zone was called, we were off and heading to the garage within 20 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Had a great cruise... left on time Nov 30th. Delayed a couple hours by fog coming back into Tampa. I read here that COULD be an issue, and to book later flights. We decided to stay Sunday night in Tampa ( Ybor Hampton inn) , and fly out on Monday . Best decision ever. HIGHly recommend it.

T.;)

i was on the pride on the 30th. and yes carnival can do nothing about the fog that is ture but they could have done something about the way they let people off the ship it was a mess because of carnival. they need to take a long hard look at the way things were done.