Crystal Mahler V7D07 Nov 1 - Nov 17 2017

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:23 PM.
Singapore
117 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by Crazycoop99
We have booked a number of excursions, mainly the Xmas markets

Did you do the cable car at Koblenz

Unfortunately the cable car was not running today so we were bussed up to the fort. I am not sure whether the cable car is closed for the season or just today. We arrived late today so the tour was shorter than originally planned. Thanks to the guide, I loved the fort and the mini city tour.
This morning, the GPS commentary was not working so we saw a lot of wonderful scenery/castles while cruising sans commentary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
California
265 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Crazycoop99: The cable car excursion at Koblenz was definitely worth doing. The ride itself was nice, about 10 minutes each way, with great views. On the inaugural cruise of the Mahler, we had an outstanding guide who really made the fortress at the top come alive.

swn4: Thank you so very much for your interesting commentary!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10-31-2012 Crystal Symphony
09-16-2013 Crystal Symphony
10-26-2014 Crystal Serenity
11-06-2014 Crystal Serenity
05-25-2015 Crystal Symphony
11-24-2015 Crystal Symphony
05-28-2016 Crystal Serenity
11-22-2016 Crystal Serenity
09-30-2017 Crystal Mahler
04-30-2018 Crystal Symphony
10-03-2018 Crystal Mahler

Save

Save

Save
Singapore
117 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
I did not do a 2nd Michelin dinner but those that did Edvard/Schiller’s and especially those that did Le Ciel/Schiller’s said Schiller’s was significantly better. If you did not drink wine, Schiller’s had juice pairings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Singapore
117 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by skybluewaters
Crazycoop99: The cable car excursion at Koblenz was definitely worth doing. The ride itself was nice, about 10 minutes each way, with great views. On the inaugural cruise of the Mahler, we had an outstanding guide who really made the fortress at the top come alive.

swn4: Thank you so very much for your interesting commentary!

I checked and the cablecar runs only on the weekends in the winter.

8 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by swn4
I checked and the cablecar runs only on the weekends in the winter.

We’re there on the 16th Dec which is a Saturday Hopefully we’ll get to experience it
Singapore
117 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by Crazycoop99
We’re there on the 16th Dec which is a Saturday Hopefully we’ll get to experience it

You be A-ok for the cable car ride then!

Sent from my iPad using Forums