Symphony of the Seas Boadwalk Cabin Question

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Symphony. Which deck would be better for boardwalk cabin 8 or 9 or higher? We would want to get as aft as possible but would want the least obstructions possible. I am thinking deck 8.

What do you think?

Anyone?

Looking at 8329 - 20% obstruction

8726 - no obstruction

9329 - 35% obstruction

11329 - 20% obstruction

10325 - no obstruction

I thought being the last far aft would be better but it is showing obstruction, I guess because of the slide.

How about the 10th floor - 10325?

If you can, I would recommend the Central Park balconies instead of the Boardwalk balconies. While I have never stayed in a Boardwalk balcony, there is simply a lot of activity and traffic in the Boardwalk, especially at night. I would prefer a bit more of a quiet/tranquil room of Central Park.

Not sure regarding obstructions - that would be up to you if you would feel that would impact your room experience or not.

I don't think I saw any obstructed views on Boardwalk (or Central park) balconies from the videos I have watched. I'm just not a fan of waking up to the possibility of dozens of people in pajamas sipping morning coffee staring back at me in MY Pj's sipping MY morning coffee. That's why we're doing the virtual balcony.

We have sailed twice on Allure and now booked on Synphony. Always booked the last cabin 8729 on the boardwalk side. We love it as it is at the end and you have the best view for the aquashow. We get to see people walking around when resting on the balcony and you cannot hear much of the noise with the balcony door closed. Love the free perks for booking boardwalk balcony ( free beverage package for 2, one free lunch/dinner and johnny rockets, family session for rock climbing).

We stayed in 8727 on Harmony. Great view of the Boardwalk and Aqua Theater with very little obstruction from the Abyss slide.The further aft you are will also give you a better view of the large screen movies. The whole idea of the Boardwalk is watching the action below. :cool: We have booked the same room on Symphony for the TA this October.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in 11729 on Symphony. It is a beautiful view out the back of the ship,and watching Hiro from your balcony is great. Hearing Hiro when we want to sleep not so great. So you just need to weigh your priority. Here are a few shots from 11729 balcony.

20180623_170812_zpssowpmwbv.jpg

20180626_211746_zpslrveff2z.jpg20180623_170821_zpsyldnktqw.jpg20180623_170804_zpsdcumrd5d.jpg

Edited by DonTreadOnMe

We have sailed twice on Allure and now booked on Synphony. Always booked the last cabin 8729 on the boardwalk side. We love it as it is at the end and you have the best view for the aquashow. We get to see people walking around when resting on the balcony and you cannot hear much of the noise with the balcony door closed. Love the free perks for booking boardwalk balcony ( free beverage package for 2, one free lunch/dinner and johnny rockets, family session for rock climbing).

There's been many threads on here on CC regarding cruisers experienced in Boardwalk cabins who have sailed Oasis, Allure and Harmony... Harmony (and now Symphony) have been built by a different shipyard than both Oasis and Allure. Boardwalk balconies on Harmony have been getting poor noise reviews (especially with the sliders closed inside the cabin when it should be quiet) compared to Oasis & Allure. The Abyss may make you switch your positive review when you finally sail.... maybe you'll like it. You should definitely report back with any noticeable differences so that you can help future CC'ers book these cabins or not.

Anyone?

Looking at 8329 - 20% obstruction

8726 - no obstruction

9329 - 35% obstruction

11329 - 20% obstruction

10325 - no obstruction

I thought being the last far aft would be better but it is showing obstruction, I guess because of the slide.

How about the 10th floor - 10325?

Do not book this cruise for the cabin... there is way too much to enjoy on this ship to worry about sitting on your balcony for hours on end. So the obstruction... what is your concern specifically? The view of the ocean? The view of the shows? The view down at people?

With the Abyss slide, even the farthest back cabins will have an obstruction unless you stand at the very rear edge of the balcony, closest to the Aqua Theatre. The person beside you at the center of the railing will have part of the slide blocking the stage. You cannot sit and watch a show or see the view of the ocean with the white partition between the balcony and the rock wall. Further into the cruise, the plexiglass gets dirtier as the cruise progresses and you can't see through it anyways. Any cabin further than the very rear ones will have obstruction of any show and cannot possibly see the entire show properly through the slide. I could see how phenomenal the view would be without the slide (on Oasis & Allure). For me, this cabin was cool to try once and I enjoyed it, however I will not go out of my way to book another Boardwalk again.

Here's 10329 on Harmony... which should be the same as 10329 on Symphony

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52043091&highlight=10329#post52043091

The nice thing about the being as far aft as possible is you'll have great views of the aqua shows. We've done that twice and now we just do Central Park balconies.

It was great, we enjoyed it as well. I would likely book Central park cabins in the future or OV Balcony. If the show didn't run past 10pm I would say no big deal, but IIRC one night Hiro started at like 10:15. We are not late night cruisers for the most part.