9-23 Voyage on SD I

vandrefalk

We are doing two (hopefully, glorious) weeks on SD I from San Juan. I think there are several others here who are on for the first 9 days? We got our documents on the 15th :D and are so excited!!! One thing I noted this time is that the "land adventures" are not listed, but rather a reference to the website. So, we've printed out all the choices and are marking some -- I said "no!" to anything involving a zip line, but DH is showing some interest :eek: It also says our stateroom will be assigned on embarkation -- but the last time we did a GTY, it was posted a week or so before. We'll see. . . .

Happy Holidays to all on the SD boards and we look foward to meeting some of you in San Juan!

Vandrefalk

my husband and i are back for our 3rd voyage and this year we're bringing 2 friends new to sea dream. we docs have arrived and our room is near the dining room. the first year we were gty and ended up on level 3, and last year booked so late we had to take level 4. this will be our first year in the belly of the ship... at this point with 2 major toronto snowstorms looming over the weekend (friday/sunday), i would sleep in a lifeboat and be over the moon!!!

i am trying to keep my happy excitement focused on the holiday season, rather than the week after that, but it's hard. you are lucky folks staying on board for additional travel while most of us will have to get off... sigh. oh well, there's always the next year i suppose.

we look forward to meeting you and raising our glass to what will no doubt be an incredible voyage.

loving life

We are doing two (hopefully, glorious) weeks on SD I from San Juan. I think there are several others here who are on for the first 9 days? We got our documents on the 15th :D and are so excited!!! One thing I noted this time is that the "land adventures" are not listed, but rather a reference to the website. So, we've printed out all the choices and are marking some -- I said "no!" to anything involving a zip line, but DH is showing some interest :eek: It also says our stateroom will be assigned on embarkation -- but the last time we did a GTY, it was posted a week or so before. We'll see. . . .

Happy Holidays to all on the SD boards and we look foward to meeting some of you in San Juan!

Vandrefalk

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet ... so are you sailing in January for two weeks? Where is that sigh smilie when I need it.

Our GTY was posted a week or two before departure as well.

I am in the middle of packing our bags for our visit to Disney for Christmas. DD has already asked if we can cruise next year for Christmas:p

my husband and i are back for our 3rd voyage and this year we're bringing 2 friends new to sea dream. we docs have arrived and our room is near the dining room. the first year we were gty and ended up on level 3, and last year booked so late we had to take level 4. this will be our first year in the belly of the ship... at this point with 2 major toronto snowstorms looming over the weekend (friday/sunday), i would sleep in a lifeboat and be over the moon!!!

i am trying to keep my happy excitement focused on the holiday season, rather than the week after that, but it's hard. you are lucky folks staying on board for additional travel while most of us will have to get off... sigh. oh well, there's always the next year i suppose.

we look forward to meeting you and raising our glass to what will no doubt be an incredible voyage.

loving life

I like the cabins near the dining room ... nice smooth ride on Dec. 2 ... although I like deck 4 and 3 as well:p

Hoping that you both have a wonderful holiday!

Vandrefalk

We have had some great times on zip line excursions and also a "boot camp" style experience in St. Martin. Zips can be great fun if done right. See my review from last December for the "fly zone". Have a great trip!

Jim.

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet ... so are you sailing in January for two weeks? Where is that sigh smilie when I need it.

Our GTY was posted a week or two before departure as well.

I am in the middle of packing our bags for our visit to Disney for Christmas. DD has already asked if we can cruise next year for Christmas:p

I like the cabins near the dining room ... nice smooth ride on Dec. 2 ... although I like deck 4 and 3 as well:p

Hoping that you both have a wonderful holiday!

You don't care where the cabin is as long as it is on the ship:D:D:D

Well - duh -- I meant 9-23 JANUARY!! Guess I was getting ahead of myself. . .

Also noted a card from Adrienne at the Sea Dream Club that we could order specific names for our pajamas. Since we already have four sets, we'll do some for the kids this time -- they really are so comfortable!

Yes, Jim - I remember your zip adventures -- you're braver than I am!!

I love Deck 2 -- quiet, yet you can hear the "swooshing" of the water when underway, which I find very soothing. We'll see where we end up this time -- don't you think, since we'll be on board for two weeks, they'd do something special for us? :) One can only dream!

Enjoy the mouse, DJ!

Vandrefalk

Also noted a card from Adrienne at the Sea Dream Club that we could order specific names for our pajamas. Since we already have four sets, we'll do some for the kids this time -- they really are so comfortable!

I love Deck 2 -- quiet, yet you can hear the "swooshing" of the water when underway, which I find very soothing. We'll see where we end up this time -- don't you think, since we'll be on board for two weeks, they'd do something special for us? :) One can only dream!

Enjoy the mouse,

Vandrefalk

The least they shoud do for you is put you in cabin 315. And throw in an extra pair of SD PJs. Have a blast.

J.

Enjoy the mouse, DJ!

Vandrefalk

Thanks Vandrefalk!! We all are packed ... lights for the balcony, wrapping paper, tape, scissors and of course a few presents:p

I love the idea that they are letting you pick the names for the PJs. I think we will get DisneyJen and DJ's DH and wear them to our vow renewal;) Actually all of our guests could wear them as well (can you tell it is martini time here ... WOO HOO!!).

Seriously Vandrefalk ... wish that we were joining you!! Please be careful!!

I vote that you should get 315 as well:D

I wonder who your captain will be? If it is Capt. Berg please send our regards!

this will be our first year in the belly of the ship... at this point with 2 major toronto snowstorms looming over the weekend (friday/sunday), i would sleep in a lifeboat and be over the moon!!!

i am trying to keep my happy excitement focused on the holiday season,

Hello Toronto, I'm waving at you across the Lake, can you see me? Talk about the snowstorms, we have almost 2 ft of snow and temp. around 0. We were planning on a fabulous family cruise for Christmas, leaving on Friday, but I had to cancel when my son changed jobs and wouldn't be available. I guess it was fate, the airports were all closed on Friday and Sat. with the storms. I feel bad, but I would have felt a lot worse if I was stuck at the airport with my ticket for a SD Christmas cruise, and no way to get there. To all who made it onboard SDll have one for me.

To all CC SeaDreamers have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2009. :)

I had to cancel when my son changed jobs and wouldn't be available.

To all CC SeaDreamers have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2009. :)

NASCAB,

So sorry to hear about your cancelled cruise. You'd think a son would know better than to do his mother like that wouldn't you????

Thanks for the Christmas and New Year's wishes. All the best to you and your family from all of us here on CC.

NASCAB,

So sorry to hear about your cancelled cruise. You'd think a son would know better than to do his mother like that wouldn't you????

Thanks CTBJR, he just told me that it's a good thing I cancelled, I would have had problems with a flight, if I could even join the ship. The swells are pretty high in the Caribbean and I would have been very sick. Just think of all the money I saved, is that a hint?

Take care all, enjoy your Holidays. :cool:

Thanks CTBJR, he just told me that it's a good thing I cancelled, I would have had problems with a flight, if I could even join the ship. The swells are pretty high in the Caribbean and I would have been very sick. Just think of all the money I saved, is that a hint?

Take care all, enjoy your Holidays. :cool:

Yikes ... sounds like it was good move on your part.

How bad are the swells right now?

Archived