Two staterooms and kids on the Adventure. WWYD?

ustasmom

I found a great deal on a 1L on Deck 12. Sleeps 3 but it is the only cabin available on that deck. We are 2 adults traveling with 3 tween/teens so we need to split the reservation if we don't do adjoining rooms. My husband doesn't really want to split the family that way or have the teens on a different deck, so I just don't know what to do.

I can pull an interior 2 decks down, not far from our cabin. Or I can just give up the 1L but I'm looking at those windows and that looks like something that we might want to do. How are the cabins that are on the front side of the spa?

I wouldn't split up my family. The last cruise was the first time we got rooms that weren't connected. We got a balcony for us and an interior across the hall for the kids. It worked out great, but I was glad that we were directly across the hall. My kids were 13, 12, and 9 at the time. One night, the 9 year old felt sick and came across the hall to get us. I would never have wanted her to have to travel to a different deck alone in the middle of the night.

Also, when we were all getting dressed for dinner, I usually had to run across the hall a few times and check to make sure they were on-schedule.

So, I'm not sure how old your teens are- since mine are still pretty young. But, I only book rooms right next to or across from each other for ours. Even for the one I have booked in 2019, when they will be 15,14, and 11. It just helps me rest easier.