Eagle Beach - Shade and drinks

SugarStar00

I've been reading through the posts and I'm still a little confused. We will be in Aruba from 8-5 and are planning to take a quick trip to the ostrich farm around 9am. We should be done with that and hopefully back to the ship no later than 1030 or 11 and then would like to head to a nice beach for the rest of the day. Eagle beach sounds best to me, but I'm concerned about the shade situation. Aruba will be our last stop on the cruise and I know I will be a crispy critter and need serious shade. I've read posts saying you need to arrive "early" to get shade because it is limited on Eagle beach. How early is early and what is the experience of others? I'm also looking for the best spot to have food and drinks available, bar service to the chair would be even better. Do they have this on Eagle Beach? Thanks so much

Jen

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40200703&postcount=61

Amsterdam Manor

Beach Chairs $15 each ($10 for less than 4 hours)

Beach Service

Enjoy the luxuries of this intimate resort located at one of Aruba’s most beautiful beaches – Eagle Beach. Rent a beach chair while you hear the music of Passions Beach Bar & Lounge in the background and are enjoying a refreshing cocktail. We offer beach service but feel free to lunch at our lunch deck in the shade of the Aruban Kwihi Tree. Restrooms, a beach shower and a changing room are available for your convenience and there is free access to wifi.

The free facilities may only be used by guests renting a beach chair and/or consuming at Passions. All beach users are welcome at Passions Beach Bar & Lounge and Passions on the Beach to come for a cocktail, lunch or dine with your toes in the sand.

Passions Beach Bar is open daily

Drinks:10:00 am – 11:00 pm

Lunch: 12:00 –– 4:30 pm

Passions on the Beach Dinner: 6:00 –– 9:30 pm

Prices are subject to change.

Beach chairs are limited for non‐hotel guests and are subject to availability, it is not possible to reserve a chair.

Chaise & Shade Palapa Rentals at the Amsterdam Manor http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39427293&postcount=57

From https://www.facebook.com/AmsterdamManorBeachResort.Aruba

Question posted to Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba

Will be in Aruba soon via cruise ship. Have been to beach across from Amsterdam Manor two years ago. We rented the thatched beach shelter from Amsterdam. Contacted you a few months ago in regards to rental this trip. Was advised that shelter is $10 for 4hours or less. Have several from cruise ship that are interested in the area and the beach bar.

Can you please confirm that we are allowed to rent shelters from Amsterdam. Counting the days.

about 5 months ago ·

Reply from Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba

We offer beach service on the Beach at the Amsterdam Manor which includes the following services;

Beach chair rental $15 each, Half day rental $10 each,

Free wifi, Beach service,Passions Beach Bar & Lounge.

But, now it’s also possible for cruise passengers to enjoy one of Aruba’s most beautiful beaches – Eagle Beach – in a comfortable way at MVC Eagle Beach.

You can rent a beach chair here and use the available beach services. Right across the coastal road you will find Tulip Restaurant where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a drink.

Restrooms, a shower and a changing room are also available for your convenience and there is free access to wifi.

March 1 at 9:48am

Question

Assuming you will be renting chaise lounges, will the beach palapas also be rented to cruise ship passengers over Christmas and New Years?

Reply from Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba

We don't rent out palapas to cruise ship passengers because these are for our hotel guests and since Christmas and New Years is a very busy period they will probably all be occupied. We do have palapas available at MVC Eagle Beach, also located at Eagle Beach.

Now I will detail what I have seen first hand at the Amsterdam Manor during our stay there on a land vacation from 12/21 - 1/2/14.

Keep in mind all of the beaches in Aruba are public and open to anyone :), chaise lounges and palapas on resort property are their property and for the use of their guests. There are some public palapas scattered all over different beaches on the island. None of these are at the Amsterdam Manor. You would find public palapas on Eagle beach towards the southern end, but no bar service. You would need to walk across the street to one of the resorts for food and beverages.

YES, in all likelihood, even on the busiest of days they will have sufficient chaise lounges available to rent to you for $15 per person for the day.

NO you are not guaranteed shade, it is not included with the chaise rental. Once you pay for the chaise it will be receive a yellow tag which denotes the chair has been paid for.

I saw very very few people doing this. In 13 days, I saw one couple rent chaises from the resort. People from cruise ships simply laid their towels on the sand. The photo below was taken on January 1 when there were 3 cruise ships in town. The chaise lounges with yellow and white striped towels as well as yellow floats belong to the Amsterdam Manor and are being used by their guests. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

beacha_thumb.jpg

YES, there are shade trees roadside where you could place your chaise lounge or towel. It will really depend upon how many people are on the beach. During the time we were there there were 3 National Holidays as well as 1 day in which there were FOUR cruise ships in town. Arubans go to the beach on Sundays and holidays and like you ;) also look for the shade.

Shade trees are first come first served, thus as I always explain, if you HAVE TO have shade, get there early. In the case of what I witnessed at the Amsterdam Manor, should you be able to get shade under the tree, be prepared to share it. ;) Everyone was in the same predicament and shade was at a premium.

The beach did not get packed until about noontime when the morning tours were finishing up and the cruise ship passengers were all being dropped off at the beach in front of the Amsterdam Manor. With even one cruise ship in town, Eagle Beach is not the quiet idyllic spot which people seek out and has become so popularized here on Cruise Critic.

YES, the Amsterdam Manor has "beach service" to your chair. There is one server and he is overwhelmed at times. When we were there it was easier to walk up to the bar and wait to be served.

There is no beach service but a great alternative is

MVC Eagle Beach Resort

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $10 each

Half day rental $5 each

Tulip Restaurant (across the street from the beach)- breakfast, lunch, dinner & drinks

Free wifi

Restrooms

Shower

Changing room

Shade palapas available

Taxi fare $10 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays

Beach at MVC Eagle Beach

1375161_619691264748839_644622378_n.jpg

MVC Eagle Beach Resort

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $10 each

Half day rental $5 each

Tulip Restaurant (across the street from the beach)- breakfast, lunch, dinner & drinks

Free wifi

Restrooms

Shower

Changing room

Shade palapas available

Taxi fare $10 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays

Beach at MVC Eagle Beach

Thanks for the info. MVC Eagle Beach looks like the beach for us. Will the taxi driver know where we are looking to go if we say MVC Eagle Beach or is it called something else to the locals?

Any taxi driver should know where MVC Eagle Beach Resort is located

http://www.mvceaglebeach.com/

The food at their restaurant Tulip, is terrific. We ate dinner there twice over the Christmas holidays. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Attached is an aerial shot showing the great stretch of beach.

Capture.jpg.4b4dda255fdf28fa65b806b83315ab43.jpg

Edited by Arubalisa

The Bucuti Beach Resort as well as the Ritz Carlton use anchored umbrellas instead of palapas.

Amsterdam Manor has shade palapas for the hotel guests as does MVC Eagle Beach.

MVC Eagle Beach also has public palapas in close proximity. Amsterdam Manor does not.

The vendors on Palm Beach at the foot of De Palm Pier both rent umbrellas.

Guess we can comment about Eagle, having spent 2 weeks at nearby hotels. Cruise ship passengers will be able to rent beach loungers but we have never seen umbrella rentals (this could have changed in the last year). However, there are some shady (at least partial shade) under the palms located towards the rear of the beach...and many folks will just locate their loungers in a shady spot. But keep in mind that the sun is powerful in Aruba (even in the shade) so using a good sunscreen is very important.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...
The Bucuti Beach Resort as well as the Ritz Carlton use anchored umbrellas instead of palapas.

Amsterdam Manor has shade palapas for the hotel guests as does MVC Eagle Beach.

MVC Eagle Beach also has public palapas in close proximity. Amsterdam Manor does not.

The vendors on Palm Beach at the foot of De Palm Pier both rent umbrellas.

This might seem like silly questions, but are the prices that are quoted for the chair rentals and taxi fares in USD? I assume cash is accepted by these vendors, no problem?

• 1 month later...
Now I will detail what I have seen first hand at the Amsterdam Manor during our stay there on a land vacation from 12/21 - 1/2/14.

Keep in mind all of the beaches in Aruba are public and open to anyone :), chaise lounges and palapas on resort property are their property and for the use of their guests. There are some public palapas scattered all over different beaches on the island. None of these are at the Amsterdam Manor. You would find public palapas on Eagle beach towards the southern end, but no bar service. You would need to walk across the street to one of the resorts for food and beverages.

YES, in all likelihood, even on the busiest of days they will have sufficient chaise lounges available to rent to you for $15 per person for the day.

NO you are not guaranteed shade, it is not included with the chaise rental. Once you pay for the chaise it will be receive a yellow tag which denotes the chair has been paid for.

I saw very very few people doing this. In 13 days, I saw one couple rent chaises from the resort. People from cruise ships simply laid their towels on the sand. The photo below was taken on January 1 when there were 3 cruise ships in town. The chaise lounges with yellow and white striped towels as well as yellow floats belong to the Amsterdam Manor and are being used by their guests. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

beacha_thumb.jpg

YES, there are shade trees roadside where you could place your chaise lounge or towel. It will really depend upon how many people are on the beach. During the time we were there there were 3 National Holidays as well as 1 day in which there were FOUR cruise ships in town. Arubans go to the beach on Sundays and holidays and like you ;) also look for the shade.

Shade trees are first come first served, thus as I always explain, if you HAVE TO have shade, get there early. In the case of what I witnessed at the Amsterdam Manor, should you be able to get shade under the tree, be prepared to share it. ;) Everyone was in the same predicament and shade was at a premium.

The beach did not get packed until about noontime when the morning tours were finishing up and the cruise ship passengers were all being dropped off at the beach in front of the Amsterdam Manor. With even one cruise ship in town, Eagle Beach is not the quiet idyllic spot which people seek out and has become so popularized here on Cruise Critic.

YES, the Amsterdam Manor has "beach service" to your chair. There is one server and he is overwhelmed at times. When we were there it was easier to walk up to the bar and wait to be served.

MVC Eagle Beach Resort

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $10 each

Half day rental $5 each

Free wifi

Restrooms

Shower

Changing room

Shade palapas available

Beach at MVC Eagle Beach

Do you happen to know what the rental fee is for the palapas at MVC, either the umbrella-type ones or the larger one in the picture above?

Thanks so much for your insight!

Do you happen to know what the rental fee is for the palapas at MVC, either the umbrella-type ones or the larger one in the picture above?

Thanks so much for your insight!

The palapas are first come first served. No charge if you rent chaises.

Edited by Arubalisa

Which beach is the closest to where the ship will be?

MVC Eagle or Amsterdam Manor

Is it $10 each way to either MVC or Amsterdam?

And how long does it take to get to either beach by taxi

thanks for any information.

Which beach is the closest to where the ship will be? MVC Eagle or Amsterdam Manor

MVC Eagle Beach

Is it $10 each way to either MVC or Amsterdam?

Yes

And how long does it take to get to either beach by taxi

thanks for any information.

15 minutes maybe a bit more depending upon traffic downtown. The resorts are 1/3 of a mile apart.

• 3 years later...