Room Guarantee - Room 2179 Summit

MichLeBlanc

We booked an OV room guarantee for our first cruise in April 2019 (was worth the savings IMO).

Question: I was under the impression that we would only be assigned our room a few weeks prior to sailing but we already have been assigned room 2179 on the Summit. Just wondering if this is perhaps a temporary assignment and we will be moved to another room closer to our sailing date....Can we request a room change? I understand that this is a chance you take when booking a guarantee room. Has anyone stayed in this room? Thoughts? TIA

We booked an OV room guarantee for our first cruise in April 2019 (was worth the savings IMO).

Question: I was under the impression that we would only be assigned our room a few weeks prior to sailing but we already have been assigned room 2179 on the Summit. Just wondering if this is perhaps a temporary assignment and we will be moved to another room closer to our sailing date....Can we request a room change? I understand that this is a chance you take when booking a guarantee room. Has anyone stayed in this room? Thoughts? TIA

I have booked guaranteed cabins many times in the past, and have received cabin numbers, almost instantly after booking (months from sailing) to a couple weeks out. I also find the price savings well worth it, I spend little time in the cabin. I have never had a cabin changed once assigned. I believe it would be unlikely for it to change unless you request a change. Which brings you to the answer to your next question. I have successfully changed a guaranteed cabin to another cabin in the same category. For example an OV08, if there is another cabin in this category available, we have been able to change to that cabin. My TA successfully had this done on my most recent booking.

Best of luck and happy cruising.

It's a connecting cabin, so there will be a door between your cabin and the one next door. That means you will not have a couch/loveseat, just a chair. For that reason alone, I would try to change to one that does not connect. Good location by the aft stairs/elevator. EM

wendycook22 - Thanks for the reply....If we do decide to request a change, I am wondering when the best time to do so would be? When did you request yours?

You are welcome. I requested as soon as there was another cabin in my category available that I preferred. I did a "fake" booking on Celebrity to see what was available in my category. You are actually in the same category I was when I switched OV8 (same ship). Those cabins are limited, so if you see one you like I recommend reaching out and having it changed ASAP.

Cat OV08 is the first 6 cabins aft and froward on deck 2, both sides of the ship.

I use Cruise Critic to see room category on their deck diagrams.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-summit-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=251&deck=2

2179 is your Cabin, if you don't like the assignment you can change to another one in the same Category.

We have done that, only one time the change was denied because the Inside desired cabin was for 3 PAX instead of 2.