Hi Fly reviews?

Gidday fellow cruisers!

Just had word that Hi Fly is assisting with some Air New Zealand flights and some of our cruise party have been affected.

Looking on the net views vary wildly regarding this airline, the standard of service etc.

Anyone on the Aus/NZ board got any personal experience with this company?

Thanking you in anticipation.

TraceyG:)

http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/hi-fly/

https://www.seatmaestro.com/airlines-seating-maps/hi-fly/airplane-reviews/

https://www.kayak.com/Hi-Fly.5K.airline.html#reviews

seem very hit and miss but then most people who tend do a review seem to be wanting to put their point across, love or hate.

I got lucky. My last flight to Sydney was on a 787. I checked the list and our flight wasn’t replaced with a hi fly aircraft. I was very happy about that because I’m a nervous flyer as it is.

I know there was some issues initially when the originally stepped in but haven’t heard much since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for your helpful responses.

I will have a chat with DM and see what she wants to do.

Is quite stressed as her original Air NZ flight was cancelled, so she had to switch and now that flight is with a different airline and what seems to be a lesser service.

Has there been any talk of compensation or full refunds?

TraceyG:)

Hi, we were booked on a Latam flight AKL to SYD and the flight was cancelled so we were put on an Air NZ flight in one of the Hi Fly planes. As we were upgraded to business class/premium economy it is hard to say what "cattle class/economy" was like. We were very impressed with the larger seats and all the extra room we had. They seemed to have Portuguese nationals as air hostesses but also had a couple on Air NZ ladies on board acting as NZ hostesses. They helped with serving the meals and any enquiries/requests. The meal was very acceptable, with 2 choices for breakfast. They did seem to bring out alternatives for those that had made a special meal request. I think the only thing that let the flight down for us was the limited entertainment. There only seemed to be a handful of movies so we didn't bother in the end. We were however offered a newspaper but this may have been because of our upgrade.

The flight/landing seemed to be smoother than our return flight on Latam though this depends on the weather and who is piloting the plane.

Thank you for your response :D

DM has decided to switch to an earlier Air NZ flight that an Air NZ plane is flying.

Oh the joys of travelling with family...

Thanks again to all who have answered, it really helps having fellow travellers first hand experience I can trust.

TraceyG :)