Just off Inspiration 4 Day Cruise

Markmom18

Hi,

We've ( myself celebrating 60th Birthday, my Mom who flew down from North Idaho for her 81st Birthday) have been on the Inspiration & Imagination a few times.

Just wanted to point out a few things:

*. We were asked and received both Morning & Evening Cabin Service. Rizald, great guy.

*. MDR. Since it was Halloween on the 2nd day, they changed Dressy Night to the last night, Thursday. Halloween Night you could wear costumes and so we did! I was dressed as an employee of IN 'N OUT Burgers. My Mom a witch!

* MDR Food. I was truly surprised at the delicious entrees I choose. The BEST Miso Salmon. And the scallop appetizer, for a change, was NOT overcooked! 😋Yummy!

Disgraceful...YEP!....was the Steakhouse Surf & Turf ($20 extra). I order from this section of the menu on each cruise. The downhill slide continues. Small broiled,dried out lobster, with black burnt lines. As far as I could tell and taste, this was what is served on our 7 daycruises. The small steak was tasty, but it came with all sides Black & Burned. Turned drier as I ate my meal.

Service: Perfection, as always! We had Emiliano, Richard and a nice young woman to take drink orders. I no longer drink alcohol, didn't matter, still big smiles and friendly service.

Premium Internet Service $70 for the 4 nights. I don't blame Carnival, it's a gamble each cruise. I probably should have asked if I could get pro-rated price. Extremely slow if at all.

Pool Deck Activities: Please, please offer more than the Bean Bag Toss as a fill-in activity. Must be other games etc to offer your guests during this down time.

Ensenada/Port Stores -- as you leave the ship--right there on the concrete.

My Mom wanted to buy a small hand sized bottle of Tequila to drink in the cabin. Of course the rule is...that's a big NO. Right??

Well, not according to the saleswoman. She convinced my Mom to buy the sampler package. Oh yes, they are ALL small bottles, can go straight to your Cabin to drink later. Really???

Naturally, Carnival took the booze, gave my Mom a slip of paper to pick up at the end of the cruise! I had checked back into the ship with her. But, it bugged me that this salesperson took advantage of my 81 year old Mom buying tequila. Which sounds pretty rideculous writing it here.

I went back and pretended I wanted the same sampler pack. She gave me the same spiel she did my Mom. You sure?? Even told me she had a very strong tie with the Carnival Company! I filled her in at that point, and she switched her spiel that OH NO, I didn't say you could drink it in your cabin etc etc.

My really long story is to listen to Carnival's Rules and stick by your elderly parent when they go shopping for the booze. 😏😏

Fun time, old ship for sure, but the Staff is outstanding and are very nice! I'll do it again, a nice little getaway for this local.

Bobbi

I love the Inspiration. We'll be on her in a couple of weeks. How was the cabin?

Well, we just had an O.V., so nothing fancy. Flat screen TV. Comfy beds. It was Carnival Cabin-clean, which means no deep cleaning ( which I don't expect).

We had FTTF, so had the cabin ready as soon as we finished lunch at Guy's Burgers. I did need to jot down a few basic items we wanted.

*. (2) Bathrobes-- none in Cabin.

*. Ice Bucket missing, as were glasses.

* Only 1 set of bath towels.

* Only 1 Beach Towel.

After meeting our cabin steward, slipping him a $20, we were good to go each day.

Bobbi

We will be on her Dec 11th. I have a question. Did either of you fly into Long Beach Airport? if so, what did you use for transportation to the Port?

No, I'm sorry we didn't fly into the Port area. I live locally, so came by car.