Norwegian Pearl - Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite - Full Review

Spaniel Lover

Simply outstanding review and pics, thank you very much. I also enjoyed your Alaskan reminisce.... So very different to where I hale from, I have now added it to my bucket list... One day....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Jim and Kellyn!! Remember me-we sat next to you during embarkation and I wanted your hat!!:D

GREAT review.

Hope to see you both again sometime.

You hit the nail on the head. Great cruise, Caesar was just wonderful. It was such a great relaxing and pampered cruise.

• 8 months later...
Thank you for this fantastic pictorial review. It brought back fond memories of our 12-night Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl last October.

We were three friends lucky enough to have one of the Garden Villas (the other was unoccupied during that cruise). Caesar was arguably the best butler I've ever met and he spoiled us beyond expectations.

Every morning we awoke to find a continental breakfast of epic proportions laid out for us which included hot coffee, juices, cereal, danish and fruit. Hot breakfast upon request. He stopped by several times during the day to bring fresh ice and snacks and often lingered for some great conversation. Truly one of the best!

The concierge (Yahira)...not so much. I don't think she liked women. When my two friends (both male) would ask something of her (dinner res/shore excursion) it was taken care of immediately. If I (female) asked something, it did not get done without me prodding and re-asking over and over.

For example, midway through the cruise, I asked for a printout of my bill to-date (because you could not look up your account on the television and there was a mix-up with some charges). All she had to do was print it out from her computer. Two days later I had to ask again. She rolled her eyes at me, gave a huff and said "I'll be right back". Three hours later I finally got it. There were other issues like that during the week. It wasn't like I was asking for the impossible.

I would sail again in a heartbeat with Caesar but will make it a point to never sail with her as concierge.

Tracy

I agree about Yahira.......but will not say too much as we have to cruise with her again in a couple of weeks! Had her in both Garden Villas....and she was not friendly or very helpful....messed up shore excursions, etc. We turned over all communications with her to my son in law! So your comment about her preferring "males" to females makes perfect sense to me!

Just off the Pearl 4 weeks ago...in both Garden Villas and they have been updated! New carpet, art work, bed coverings, etc. No more carpet in the living room or entry ways.....but new carpet in the bedrooms.

Does anyone know if the DOS's have been updated as well? As we are on the Pearl in one in 3 weeks....and hope that they also have been redone! I do agree that from the photos it looks like a lovely suite....but I still wish that we could have secured a two bedroom one in the Haven as it allows for more closet space and TWO showers, etc.....helps with even just the two of us!

Does anyone know if the DOS's have been updated as well? As we are on the Pearl in one in 3 weeks....and hope that they also have been redone!

Cruise Critic recently posted hundreds of photos of the refurbished Pearl, including the DOS.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/norwegian-pearl-378/the-haven-deluxe-owners-suite-391071/

For those of you who have been on the pearl recently, have they updated the televisions to having the pay per view options? We will be in the haven and had heard pay per view is an included perk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cruise Critic recently posted hundreds of photos of the refurbished Pearl, including the DOS.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/norwegian-pearl-378/the-haven-deluxe-owners-suite-391071/

Thanks for this! I had NOT seen these photos....but probably because we were supposed to be on the Escape 10/14/17 thru 10/28/17 and were therefore concentrating on THAT ship! This is a last minute replacement.....and although we were on the Pearl last month, it was in the Garden Villas....so those would have been the only searches that I did.

I love the new look....but still think that I prefer the Two Bedroom Haven Suites.....but as this was again, last minute....we cannot complain!

Enjoyed the photos...so again, thanks for sharing!

• 7 months later...
For those of you who have been on the pearl recently, have they updated the televisions to having the pay per view options? We will be in the haven and had heard pay per view is an included perk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Update please?? Is PPV an added perk when you’re in, The Haven?

• 3 weeks later...

This was a great review Jim.

I think you mentioned it, but I can't find the right post for the info now. Tell me about the balcony/jacuzzi. Is it usable only when in port or is it protected enough from the wind to go outside when underway? It looks as though the tub has a wind guard?

Thanks!