Breeze vs Dream vs Freedom

amandam32

Hey guys..we cruised on the Dream back in 2015 and had a bad experience (seasick, bad food, room attendant etc). For the ones that have been on both Dream and Breeze, are they super similar? I know they’re the same class but is it pretty much the same? We are booked on the Freedom right now but I can NOT decide if I should move us to the Breeze before she leaves Galveston!! Especially knowing that the Freedom is being dry docked in 2019. We could always take a Freedom cruise once she is updated. Maybe we should move to the Breeze? Same eastern Caribbean itinerary. What would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey guys..we cruised on the Dream back in 2015 and had a bad experience (seasick, bad food, room attendant etc). For the ones that have been on both Dream and Breeze, are they super similar? I know they’re the same class but is it pretty much the same? We are booked on the Freedom right now but I can NOT decide if I should move us to the Breeze before she leaves Galveston!! Especially knowing that the Freedom is being dry docked in 2019. We could always take a Freedom cruise once she is updated. Maybe we should move to the Breeze? Same eastern Caribbean itinerary. What would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you thought is was bad back then , don't go now. There is the steak house and cucina del capitano.

The Breeze is my all time favorite ship. The last time I sailed her was in 2014, so it’s been a few. I compare all my cruises to the Breeze. I wish she was still here in Florida. We are going on the Magic in a few weeks and we are crossing our fingers she is as good as her sister.

We cruised on the Breeze in June and Dec 2017 as a family of 5 and will be back on her this Feb just the 2 of us and also cruised on the Freedom Nov 2017 just the 2 of us. Would like to go on the Dream but will probably wait until she's in Galveston.

We loved the Freedom, it was less crowded but we did go at an off time. I like the layout of the main pool area better with no waterworks. The food and staff/service was better. We do tend to like a smaller ship for these things.

We also love the Breeze, it has the cloud 9 spa with the thermal suites and after several cruises have decided we only want a ship with this! Hubby has a bad back and to him this made a world of difference in how he felt and enjoyed the cruise so will pretty much now only cruise on a ship that has the thermal suites, mostly the thalassotherapy pool. It is a bigger ship with a few more options.

Now if possible I would try to do both the Freedom and the Breeze! lol

Since the Breeze came out of dry dock less than a year ago, we love it. And it seems like the crew enjoys being on a fresher ship also as service and food was much better. And we can't wait sin we leave again on the Breeze on Feb. 4!!!!

We have sailed the Breeze and Freedom and have a cruise scheduled on the Dream after it comes to Galveston - November 2019. We like the Breeze and wanted to sail one more time before it goes to Florida, so we have a cruise September 2018. The Freedom is nice, and the staff seem more friendly, but we really enjoy the wrap around outside deck on the Breeze. We have also sailed the Magic. So far, the Breeze is our favorite. Will be disappointed when it sails to Florida, so hopefully the Dream will be almost as good - no outdoor ropes course though :(

I would always choose Conquest class over the Dream class. There would have to be a big incentive for me to cruise Dream class again, like an itinerary I just cannot miss. If the Dream and Breeze had been my only experiences cruising, I do not think I would have cruised again. It was just longs weeks of dealing with people everywhere and waiting for everything.

If I do it, I will make sure to get a room nice enough to spend most of my time there.

I would always choose Conquest class over the Dream class. There would have to be a big incentive for me to cruise Dream class again, like an itinerary I just cannot miss. If the Dream and Breeze had been my only experiences cruising, I do not think I would have cruised again. It was just longs weeks of dealing with people everywhere and waiting for everything.

If I do it, I will make sure to get a room nice enough to spend most of my time there.

Funny, I thought our family only felt this way. We cruised on the Dream before it got Guy's and such and we were not impressed. Long hallways lead to long lines which lead to long sighs. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed our cruise but haven't been on another Dream class ship since. It seems we keep picking Conquest class ships!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I love the freedom and have it booked for aft balcony in October. Also love the breeze and have it booked for August . I have cruised freedom several times and really like the layout better than the breeze. I like the breeze due to the sky course and the open feel of the ship. The freedom has the large sauna and showers at no charge unlike breeze.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is exactly my experience. We've cruised on Breeze twice, once in October and another in January, and much prefer the Conquest-class ships. It feels like Breeze just added more staterooms without adding more public areas so there are more people in the same place. The outdoor BBQ and pasta restaurant (only ate it at lunch but it was good) were both nice but you can get BBQ on Freedom and maybe the pasta offering will be added in 2019. The "Easy, Breezy, 80s Cover Band" was awesome but they aren't a fixture of the ship.

I may have a little bias because Carnival Conquest was the first ship we ever sailed on out of Galveston but we gave Breeze a good go and just like the smaller ship better.

Love Breeze & Freedom. Freedom's aft pool is adult, whereas Breeze doesn't have an adult pool - if that makes a difference for you. I like the slides & ropes course on Breeze. I love John Alex & his team in the dining room on Freedom. I love the outdoor seating at Red Frog Pub on Breeze.