How many stairs on the Sun to get to the 6th deck cabins?

BCSmallTownGirl

We booked on the 6th deck (OD) because we liked the idea of a quiet cabin and don't mind some stairs to get there.

However, my dear husband broke his ankle two weeks ago! First thing I did? Looked up how long it takes for bones to heal -- 6 weeks. I told him the cruise was 7 weeks out, so all good ;) The emergency room staff no doubt wondered what all the laughter was as we were both cracking up.

I expect he will be able to walk on it by cruise time (if not, he will be able to use his crutches, so he could get up and down, just not with ease).

I just wondered how big of a flight of stairs is it? 10? 20? 30? I don't want to be piggybacking him up the stairs ;) In all seriousness, we will manage either way, just want to know ahead of time so we can be prepared.

I do have to re-think the excursions though!

Are you on the upper Oslo deck? I haven’t been on the Sun in a few years, but I don’t remember it being more than 10. I’ll be on the Sun again in 3 weeks. If you’re sailing after that, I’ll make sure to count them and report back!!

We booked on the 6th deck (OD) because we liked the idea of a quiet cabin and don't mind some stairs to get there.

However, my dear husband broke his ankle two weeks ago! First thing I did? Looked up how long it takes for bones to heal -- 6 weeks. I told him the cruise was 7 weeks out, so all good ;) The emergency room staff no doubt wondered what all the laughter was as we were both cracking up.

I expect he will be able to walk on it by cruise time (if not, he will be able to use his crutches, so he could get up and down, just not with ease).

I just wondered how big of a flight of stairs is it? 10? 20? 30? I don't want to be piggybacking him up the stairs ;) In all seriousness, we will manage either way, just want to know ahead of time so we can be prepared.

I do have to re-think the excursions though!

;p What to Expect on a Cruise: Getting Around on a Cruise Ship :D

The ship has elevators, no?

Deck 6 is upper and lower with steps connecting the two. It does say when booking the Oslo (upper) deck that there is no elevator connecting to the lower (Promenade) deck.

Are you on the upper Oslo deck? I haven’t been on the Sun in a few years, but I don’t remember it being more than 10. I’ll be on the Sun again in 3 weeks. If you’re sailing after that, I’ll make sure to count them and report back!!

Yes, the Oslo deck :D Thanks!! We go on Mar 16.

Yes, the Oslo deck :D Thanks!! We go on Mar 16.

Contact NCL Special Needs, and explain the situation. When I worked the Sky, they would issue a pass to use the crew elevator for those with mobility issues. You go through the crew doors at the aft end of the deck, and the elevator is right there. They ask that you only use it to go up or down a deck, and then transfer to the pax elevator. It is only a half deck down, so I believe 10 steps or less.

Here are the stairs from the Sun — 13 steps:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=600235

13 steps - something about the Lady Winchester building this ship - her house (mansion)

was full of triskaidekaphobia architecture. Just LOL !

The forward elevator bank -4- elevators (forward of the atrium - 2 atrium elevators) service

Promenade (lower) desk 6 cabins - no stair problem here.

Ascending to the Oslo (upper) deck 6A - stairs are the only access to this level - BUT -

as our esteemed CC Engineer chengkp75 noted about the crew elevator at the end of

the passageway maybe requested for ease of access for persons with a need.

For graphic reference:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Sun

Click on Deck 6 Promenade or Deck 6A Oslo