Waitlisted for UG to PH1, PH2, PH3

CruiseAficionado

DW and I are on our first Transatlantic and currently booked as a B3 (7009) but having looked at the PH's on Riviera would like to now do an upgrade. However, we have found all PH cats are unavailable so we are currently waitlisted. We are 7th for PH3, 6th for PH2 and 3rd for PH1 according to Oceania. Does anyone know what is the procedure for notification of clearing waitlist? TA notified and then us? Anyone venture the the odds of getting the upgrade? BTW to clarify we are not seeking a "free" UG.

The further away from sailing date the better your chance.

Yes, it will go through your TA

Note that I believe in documentation it states that you must decline with x hours or it could be booked (the assumption being you booked the waitlist because you actually really want to go on that sailing.)

Unless things have changed they have two waitlist. The higher priority list requires a deposit on that request. Once the deposited waitlist requests are filled or cancelled they work on the other list.

I think your chances are pretty good with low numbers, unless inside final payment. The good thing is you already have a cabin so can go ahead and plan your cruise, air, excursions, house sitter, etc. I personally would nit book a waitlist unless I already had a cabin booked, or if it was a long way out, or I wanted to join friends - too much unknown otherwise and can't plan, only hope.

Good luck and enjoy the cruise in whichever cabin you end up in/

Edited by YoHoHo
because I can't stop typing plus ' wait list' is not 'wait lust'

I noticed PH1 and PH2 were showing available so sent a msg to our TA advising him of the fact. He called and said he had Oceania on the other line and if we wanted the UG we had better hurry because it was fair game for anyone at the moment. I feel we got the UG because of my due diligence and not by being waitlisted. If the PH cabin was up for grabs our TA didn't see what was the point of being on a waitlist? Am I missing something here?

I noticed PH1 and PH2 were showing available so sent a msg to our TA advising him of the fact. He called and said he had Oceania on the other line and if we wanted the UG we had better hurry because it was fair game for anyone at the moment. I feel we got the UG because of my due diligence and not by being waitlisted. If the PH cabin was up for grabs our TA didn't see what was the point of being on a waitlist? Am I missing something here?

We had a similar frustrating experience with the waitlist.

We were, supposedly, #1 & #2 on the PH waitlist for 7 months. O kept telling our TA that nothing changed.

But....during that time 2 people on our roll call got PH rooms....and they weren't waitlisted! The cabins came available and were given to them - not us. We eventually got one by trading rooms with someone...not from the waitlist. Feels like something shady was happening but can't prove it.

Interesting- we were on the waitlist for a segment of the round the world cruise in 2019. We were never contacted either. I followed the website and saw that our category showed available one day and I contacted my TA and secured a room. We did have a deposit down so wonder why we were never contacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting- we were on the waitlist for a segment of the round the world cruise in 2019. We were never contacted either. I followed the website and saw that our category showed available one day and I contacted my TA and secured a room. We did have a deposit down so wonder why we were never contacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our B3 cabin was paid in full so we had more than just a deposit. Just checked and Oceania Suite cat is now waitlist only so can only assume some PH cat people must have moved up.

DW and I are on our first Transatlantic and currently booked as a B3 (7009) but having looked at the PH's on Riviera would like to now do an upgrade. However, we have found all PH cats are unavailable so we are currently waitlisted. We are 7th for PH3, 6th for PH2 and 3rd for PH1 according to Oceania. Does anyone know what is the procedure for notification of clearing waitlist? TA notified and then us? Anyone venture the the odds of getting the upgrade? BTW to clarify we are not seeking a "free" UG.

Anecdotes and grousing aside, cabins are reintroduced into the system via literally dozens of ways, many of them quite complex, sometimes with overlapping "contingencies".

Then too, there are Agents (and not a few dedicated passengers) who will make it their business to check MULTIPLE times per hour when on the lookout for accommodations.

If a newly released cabin does not spend at least a few hours "unsold" it may not make it onto the Wait List Inventory at all.

It might be better if there was a different system, but for now, this is how the existing system works ;) Check for yourself, at least daily.

Anecdotes and grousing aside, cabins are reintroduced into the system via literally dozens of ways, many of them quite complex, sometimes with overlapping "contingencies".

Then too, there are Agents (and not a few dedicated passengers) who will make it their business to check MULTIPLE times per hour when on the lookout for accommodations.

If a newly released cabin does not spend at least a few hours "unsold" it may not make it onto the Wait List Inventory at all.

It might be better if there was a different system, but for now, this is how the existing system works ;) Check for yourself, at least daily.

Amen, certainly did not want to “grouse” or blame O ... just wanted to let others know to be proactive as cabin inventory seems to be rather “fluid” and the waitlist system appears to be flawed in the least. You are absolutely right In that my agent should have been checking along with me. Bottom line was that we got the UG and are looking forward to the added benefits a PH suite brings.

Bottom line was that we got the UG and are looking forward to the added benefits a PH suite brings.

Us too, but I don't see the point in having a waitlist (and telling people what place they hold) if cabins that become available are given to others who aren't on the waitlist.

Us too, but I don't see the point in having a waitlist (and telling people what place they hold) if cabins that become available are given to others who aren't on the waitlist.

Especially if:

“cabins are reintroduced into the system via literally dozens of ways, many of them quite complex, sometimes with overlapping "contingencies".

I wonder what overlapping “contingencies” are?