Carnival Vista Family Harbor Lounge

acthorson

We booked a FH room our Vista cruise in July. How do you get into it? Is there a wristband that must be worn, or a special key? Just curious. TIA.

Could anyone share their experience staying in these cabins and using this lounge, too? Thanks!

no extra card or wristband. there is a card reader you put your sail and sign key into to open the doors. my kids were 12 and 14 when we sailed, and the 12 year old loved hanging out in there with some other kids he met. they played video games, but also cards and board games, too.

When we were trying to decide on a Family Harbor suite or an Ocean Suite for our upcoming Vista cruise, we saw several videos on YouTube. There were lots of good videos taking you through the lounge and showing the cabins, etc. I can’t remember if they had a wristband or what but it was really informative. We decided on an Ocean Suite because it was on deck 7 opposed to deck 2 for a FH suite. Plus we worried about it being noisy with lots of little one running around and up and down the halls. You should do a review once you try it. I’m still very curious about it.

My kids and I sailed the Vista a two months ago in April. We were in a Deluxe Ocean View on Deck 1. The laundry room is located on deck 2 which is down the hall from the Family Harbor area. On several occasions I passed the FH area while doing laundry or ironing on formal nights. In walking past the FH area there were always families whol allowed their kids to race ahead to the entrance. There also several times when Pre- teens running to an from the entrance of the FH area. The area was always busy with families coming and going.

I LOVED the Deluxe ocean view because it had TWO bathrooms. One with a shower, sink and toilet. The other with a sink and bathtub. When booking I somehow over looked that detail. I was so surprise to have the two washrooms. The bathtub can in handy with a slow-poke 5 year old. I don't feel like I missed anything by not staying the in FH. We are booked on the Breeze for Christmas and I booked another Deluxe Ocean View with the two washrooms!!!

We booked a FH room our Vista cruise in July. How do you get into it? Is there a wristband that must be worn, or a special key? Just curious. TIA.

Could anyone share their experience staying in these cabins and using this lounge, too? Thanks!

To answer your question, you just use your Sail & Sign card to get into the Lounge. The wristbands others have mentioned are for deck 5 Havana Cabana cabins.

Just be careful where your cabin is located. We had cabin 2421, which is a suite with the 2 bathrooms. Very nice, but it is located just under the back of the galley. Was very noisy in the early morning hours. Just make sure your cabin is back far enough to be under the dining room, and not the galley.

My kids and I sailed the Vista a two months ago in April. We were in a Deluxe Ocean View on Deck 1. The laundry room is located on deck 2 which is down the hall from the Family Harbor area. On several occasions I passed the FH area while doing laundry or ironing on formal nights. In walking past the FH area there were always families whol allowed their kids to race ahead to the entrance. There also several times when Pre- teens running to an from the entrance of the FH area. The area was always busy with families coming and going.

I LOVED the Deluxe ocean view because it had TWO bathrooms. One with a shower, sink and toilet. The other with a sink and bathtub. When booking I somehow over looked that detail. I was so surprise to have the two washrooms. The bathtub can in handy with a slow-poke 5 year old. I don't feel like I missed anything by not staying the in FH. We are booked on the Breeze for Christmas and I booked another Deluxe Ocean View with the two washrooms!!!

I second the extra washroom. Very handy. We first cruised the breeze with that extra restroom. We also had connecting cabins so we had use of 4, now if there was an extra toilet.........

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off Vista FH inside 2452. As this was a guarantee book, we feared being seniors in FH would be a problem. It was not. Kid around, yes, but beyond typical hallway noise, the cabin-cabin noise was zero. I think they improved soundproofing, at least in these room.

The FH lounge was great. We could get coffee 24/7 and the easy access to the breakfast buffet & afternoon snacks saved us the turmoil of going up to Lido. Hostess and helpers were well equipped to handle the kids (and demanding parents).

Observation that impressed me greatly was a young mother with a fussy newborn using the semi private area of the lounge to nurse and calm her baby. Hubby may have not realized how lucky he was, sleeping peacefully in the cabin.

love, eat, cruise

The FH lounge was great. We could get coffee 24/7 and the easy access to the breakfast buffet & afternoon snacks saved us the turmoil of going up to Lido. Hostess and helpers were well equipped to handle the kids (and demanding parents).

I thought I read somewhere it had a full breakfast buffet. Is that true? Did it have pop in the lounge, too?

I thought I read somewhere it had a full breakfast buffet. Is that true? Did it have pop in the lounge, too?

No soda in the lounge but it does have a fancy coffee machine and sometimes there was lemonaide and tea in pitchers. We enjoyed having ice cream just a few doors down and breakfast there on port days was a plus. We were glad we booked the room