Need help with a surprise Carnival Sensation Cruise reveal

ohnonotbunny

Okay here's what's going on. My parents have been trying to get their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren together on a cruise for almost nine years. It has not been able to happen due to the fact somebody was either in school, or they couldn't take off of work, or didn't have the money, Exedra Exedra exedra. Will this year my parents and I went on a cruise in April. When I returnes from the cruise I told everybody in my family that I was going to book a cruise for all of us to go on. That they would have more than a year's notice so there's no excuse as to why they could not go. So June this year I booked a cruise at that time with 7 cabins on the Carnival Sensation ship November 19th, 2018 through November 24th, 2018. Both my sisters and their children and their children are all going. I am going with my daughter. And my parents adopted son and his wife are joining. I have added on another cabin, which is good friends of mine. But still more people to have fun and you want to take part in the celebration.

As of now in total I have 20 people in a cabins all on the same deck all on the same side of the ship. We are all mixed between balcony, Ocean View and interior. I am paying for six of the eight rooms. I was contemplating giving this as a Christmas present to my parents but Thanksgiving this year everybody who was going on the cruise will be at my parents house for dinner so now I want to tell them at Thanksgiving. Now this is where I need all of your help. I do not want to wrap the gift up in a little box and say here we're going. I want to make it a huge ordeal.

I have already bought lanyards and room key zipper pouches for everybody. I have bought Carnival vifp visors for my parents. I have bought bingo markers from Carnival ship since my parents enjoy playing bingo on the ship. LOL I have bought a shirt for my mother that says Carnival with the sensation ship and fireworks over it. But this isn't enough for me. I thought of doing a mini scavenger hunt within the house. But I was told by my older sister my mother would get annoyed with that so I can't do it. So I'm trying to figure out what I can do within the same room to make it a huge ordeal. I have been able to communicate with somebody who works on the Carnival ship as an Entertainer and he is going to help me and put together a little video so that I can give to my parents with him announcing all that's going on. But I want more. Can I have some of your ideas of what kind of surprise Cruise reveals you have done?

Thanks in advance for your help! I look forward to hearing all of your suggestions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Have a big Carnival whale tail cake made professionally and bring it out to the table right after dinner. Have the date of the cruise on it with "family cruise" written (or whatever), watch their faces as they read the cake writing in complete confusion since it is Thanksgiving and the cake is not a turkey....good luck!!!

Have a big Carnival whale tail cake made professionally and bring it out to the table right after dinner. Have the date of the cruise on it with "family cruise" written (or whatever), watch their faces as they read the cake writing in complete confusion since it is Thanksgiving and the cake is not a turkey....good luck!!!

Drazil65. Thank you for your input. But the only bad thing about that is my parents don't care for cake. Even when it comes time for birthday parties they eat the smallest piece possible and we end up throwing it all the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Print up a big photo of the ship and then print out little photos of everyone in the family and stick them all over the ship, some looking out of their cabins, some up on the top decks or in the pool, maybe some troublemaker (every family has that person, amirite?) sitting up on top of the funnel, etc. Leave it strategically lying on the coffee table where your parents will be sitting after dinner, or put it under their placemat, or something that makes sense with your logistics.

OR, since they like BINGO, get everyone to play a BINGO game with the promise of a HUGE prize and when somebody wins, announce that their prize is a cruise. FOR EVERYONE IN THE ROOM.

• 3 months later...
OR, since they like BINGO, get everyone to play a BINGO game with the promise of a HUGE prize and when somebody wins, announce that their prize is a cruise. FOR EVERYONE IN THE ROOM.

And you get a cruise! And you get a cruise! And you get a cruise..!!! (sorry, had to do it. :D)

what ended up happening?

Hasn't happened yet, Nov. 2018.