New to Carnival - Soda Package Question

I was wondering the same thing. We just got off an RCI cruise and they had the Freestyle Coke Machines, which are a lot better and faster than having to get a soda from a waiter. Haven't cruised Carnival in a long time, so I'm not familiar with their beverage packages.

Carnival takes a warm can of soda and pours it over ice which yields a flat, watered down drink. It's really bad when you get it from an outdoor venue and the can temp is around 90 degrees :loudcry: Also, with the bottomless bubbles you don't get an entire can, so often you get a can that has already been opened and is sitting there.

Do all guests in the cabin have to purchase the Bubbles package? Hubby and I are not big soda drinkers so just want it for 13 year old son. NCL and RCI let us purchase one package for the cabin, not sure about Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's crazy it's all from cans! Is there anywhere on Carnival (specifically the Horizon) where you can get soda in a fountain drink form with the soda package? I MUCH prefer fountain drink Diet Coke to it from a can. We are more familiar with Royal Caribbean and there are numerous venues on their ships where it's a fountain drink. (Our last ship didn't have the Coke Freestyle machines on RCCL, but the bars had it in fountain form.)

I guess when someone orders something like a rum and Coke on Carnival, the Coke comes from a can? That's so weird to me...

Thanks for the replies. It is disappointing to find out you get a can, or half can. I too have experienced warm coke over ice, not to mention it is not a lot to drink, which necessitates ordering often.

Thanks for the replies. It is disappointing to find out you get a can, or half can. I too have experienced warm coke over ice, not to mention it is not a lot to drink, which necessitates ordering often.

I totally agree!