Need info on hotels before and after cruise on allure als

weezsire

I am not sure if this will work for you, but we drove to Ft Lauderdale the day before the cruise and stayed at Crown Plaza for about $112 with tax. They charged us $10 to park in their garage. The morning of the cruise we drove to Park N Go where we had reserved a parking spot for about $8/day. (cost goes up if you dont reserve in advance) They then took us to the ship. You might google them to see if they have a handicap van. The other idea would be to first drop off daughter and someone else along with luggage... go back to the Park N Go. They will take you to the port as part of their service. Upon return... you could have someone go with Park N go and luggage back to their location and then come back and pick your daughter and other person.

From Crown Plaza you can see the cruise ships and it is about 2 miles from park n go which is about a mile from the port. The Crown Plaza has a restaurant... kinda dark for my taste, but it met our needs.

Hope this helps... cost of parking at the terminal is about $15/day.

Edited by kearney

We've been pleased with Holiday Inn Express South (205 Federal Highway, and it's address is Dania Beach, but it's less than 10 minutes from the airport and from the port). They have a free airport shuttle and a contract with a service that does the port--it's $8.00 a person (a cab was $13.00, without the tip and Uber was about $10.00). They don't have a restaurant, but the hot breakfast is good and well done. If you want dinner, their free shuttle takes you to their sister property the Crown Plaza, and the bar is friendly and the food in the restaurant is good. The Holiday Inn Express is within half a block of a great little French Canadian drive in with patio seating.

We never stay after the cruise...you'll be off the ship plenty early enough to head on home!

Did the OP say he/she WANTED to go right home after their cruise? NO, he/she asked about a hotel. OY! :rolleyes:

We never stay after the cruise...you'll be off the ship plenty early enough to head on home!

I pretty much always stay at least one day after. My feeling is that I am on vacation, why should I rush home?

That way I am in no hurry to get off the ship, and can relax.