St. Petersburg excursions...suggested tour company

CPTfromNJ

We used Alla in St. P. Excellent guide for 2 days- she had lived in Austin, TX for several months. Excellent communication with the company from our first contact to walking off the ship and meeting our guide. We were a group of 6 and 1 person had several food constraints, which we told Alla in advance, and our guide worked around those for both days. Wish we had booked with them in other ports.

I highly recommend Alla Tours. We booked with them for our August 25th Viking Homelands and it was a fantastic two days. We had a small group (14) and a wonderful guide and driver. I could not have asked for a better run tour. We saw and learned so much but never felt rushed . Our guide was so well versed in Russian history and such a delight! We are so glad we booked with Alla. It was a great experience and much cheaper than Viking's tour.

Diane

I guess I’ll be the outlier here. Just finished the Viking Homelands cruise and loved all the ports with the exception of SPB. We had booked the two day Comfort tour with Alla. As luck would have it, the night before the tour, I developed a mild case of food poisoning. Not sure what caused it. I felt awful and we loaded into a small van that reeked of stale cigarettes which only added to my nausea. First stop was Church on Spilled Blood which was hugely crowded to the point that you could hardly move. Subway trip was mildly interesting. Before lunch we stopped at a weird park or something with all these random log cabins. It was depressing and odd. Lunch was horrific. I have never tasted such disgusting food. How do you ruin chicken and mashed potatoes? They managed it. The Russian Folklore performance that was supposed to have started at 7 pm had changed to 9 pm. I asked the driver if we could cancel since I wasn’t feeling well but it was not possible. The Peterhof Palace was even more crowded than the Church earlier. It was ridiculous. It took hours to get through and by the time we were done I had had it. We didn’t even go back for the second day of the tour as I couldn’t take anymore of SPB. We spent about $670 for essentially one day of crowds and frustration. I know many have enjoyed their tours in SPB but I will never go back.