Promenade View Cabin - 1st Time

We booked a guarantee inside cabin and got upgraded to a Promenade View cabin. Looks like we'll almost be directly above Sorrento's (Liberty) on Deck 6. For those of you who have stayed in Promenade View cabins before what did you like most (or least) about them. Thanks for your comments! ;-)

We had 2 adjoining ones on Mariner for us and our teenagers. It was interesting to people watch and see what was going on down on the Promenade. The cabins are small but we found plenty of storage space and did just fine for a week.

I have had these cabins twice before on deck 7. I loved them! Noise was never a problem for us. Make sure you close the curtains when you are changing your clothes or other people may get a show! :eek:

Lisa

I had one on my last cruise. The window looking out onto the promenade, along with the couch, made it seem larger and not as closed in.

It was nice to sit/lay on the small couch and watch some of the parades on the promenade deck. It was also good for people watching or reading.

I would definitely take it over a standard inside cabin any day!

We just got off the Liberty, and our 2 kids (13-15 year old) had a deck 6 promenade room (6591). Noise was never an issue. The rooms are very well insulated.

I actually liked the room layout, there is a sofa in front of the window as well as a love seat on the side wall. I was surprised how large it was. In my opinion, it was ample space for 2.

We just got off the Liberty, and our 2 kids (13-15 year old) had a deck 6 promenade room (6591). Noise was never an issue. The rooms are very well insulated.

I actually liked the room layout, there is a sofa in front of the window as well as a love seat on the side wall. I was surprised how large it was. In my opinion, it was ample space for 2.

That's good to hear, I'm in 6311 in Sept on Liberty.

We absolutely LOVE the Promenade Cabins. I hesitate to try any ship smaller because we like them so much. You just have to be careful to NOT get a room (Deck 6) above one of the clubs/bars. They tend to have music late into the night. We usually try to get a room that overlooks the Cafe Promenade.......great for people watching.

Loved it. Actually fell asleep one day in the "window". Its nice looking at the people walking. But this time, we are getting a balcony...actually this is my first time with a balcony room...and first time with my new husband...lol

We absolutely LOVE the Promenade Cabins. I hesitate to try any ship smaller because we like them so much. You just have to be careful to NOT get a room (Deck 6) above one of the clubs/bars. They tend to have music late into the night. We usually try to get a room that overlooks the Cafe Promenade.......great for people watching.

Thats my thoughts also.. I love the Peomenade cabins. We always book on deck 7

I admit I am a balcony snob but last cruise we booked a balcony & a promanade for our daughter. We LOVED her cabin. Like everyone said the layout is similar to a balcony so it feels so much larger then it is. We would book one again in a heartbeat. Just remember to close your curtains if your changing. :eek: I think I sat in her window people watching more then I sat on our balcony. Congrats, your gonna love it!

BonVoyage

Dawna

How is the cabin set up when you ask for two twins instead of one bed? I have only seen pictures with the cabin set up as one large bed.

The night stand is moved between the beds instead on either side, leaving the side of the bed closest to the bathroom without a night stand between it and the bathroom. At least that's the way it was when we were on Liberty last year.

Cabins were great and we even decorated our windows with 4th of July decorations so we could see our cabins from the Promenade. As others have mentioned, keep your curtains drawn :eek:

Katink

Decorations.....hummmmmmm....would love to put up our Ohio State flag (we're cruising during college football season) in the window...not sure if that would be permitted.....guess we can try it and see unless anyone has any previous experience??

Decorations.....hummmmmmm....would love to put up our Ohio State flag (we're cruising during college football season) in the window...not sure if that would be permitted.....guess we can try it and see unless anyone has any previous experience??

OSU flag in the window???? Good thing they don't allow firearms on board...ya might get your window shot out by a Wolverine or two;)

My DD got upgraded to one on the Liberty, also. She liked it. My DS just had one on the Explorer. She's cruised alot and wasn't crazy about it, although I enjoyed going to her room to people watch!!! Just make sure your curtains are closed. You can see right into the other rooms when they are opened.

OSU flag in the window???? Good thing they don't allow firearms on board...ya might get your window shot out by a Wolverine or two;)

That's too funny A2Mich! Can you imagine the rivalry if there were Michigan fans on one side of the Promenade and Ohio State fans on the other? That just gave me an idea for a theme cruise although I think some fans would get a little too carried away. The rivalry runs so so deep......

....and we did not like the PR cabin. The kids who were also in one did like it.

We did not like the layout at all. the bed felt too close to the door... I felt like I was in the hall while in bed. There was little room from the foot of the the bed to the pathway to walk around the bed. I like when the bed in far from the door..

My DH & I prefer the promenade cabins. We loved the first one so much on Mariner, we booked another one on Freedom. We like deck 8 with the slanted windows. I cannot stay in a typical inside room without windows as it feels too closed in. I don't get that feeling in the promenade room. We even prefer it over an ocean view. Love watching people, parade, etc. through the bay window. Space is a little tight at the foot of the bed, we call it the "no passing zone", but that's only a minor inconvenience.

Archived