Norwegian Star- Post Drydock

NJC4158

Hi all-

Waiting in line to board the Star now. They have handed us a diagram of the new ships layout:

The Spinnaker lounge is indeed gone. It has be relocated to where the Shops used to be on Deck 7 aft.

The SoHo room is gone. It is now La Cuchina.

Blue Lagoon is now on Deck 8 midship.

I will try to post a picture of the diagram. More info to come when we board.

I saw a new layout for the Star posted on one of the online agencies websites but the date posted for the changes were 4/1/2011. I know that the Star was in drydock during the Olympics, so I assume they have stepped the whole process up. Anxious to see the changes as we will be sailing April 25th. Please come back here and tell us what has transpired. Thanks.

Also- The lounge on deck 7 mid ship is now duty free shops. Pretty much all of what SeaShark posted originally is all truth.

More to come......

And here they are for those who need reminding:

Moving the Galleria Gift Shop to the area where the Carousel Lounge, Martini Bar, and Photo Gallery are currently...like on the Pearl/Gem

---Moving the ship's Photo Gallery to the space that is currently the Blue Lagoon...again, like on the Pearl/Gem

---Moving the Blue Lagoon to half of the Endless Summer Restaurant...as it is on Jewel Class ships

---Placing a new lounge in the current location of the Gift Shop

---Moving the Italian Restaurant to the location of the Soho Room

---Taking the area where the Spinnaker Lounge, Art Gallery and Conference Rooms are and converting it into "high-end" courtyard-style suites.

Hi all-

Waiting in line to board the Star now. They have handed us a diagram of the new ships layout:

The Spinnaker lounge is indeed gone. It has be relocated to where the Shops used to be on Deck 7 aft.

The SoHo room is gone. It is now La Cuchina.

I will try to post a picture of the diagram. More info to come when we board.

Thanks for the update. I have clients boarding her as well. I hope Blue Lagoon is enlarged. Too bad about SoHo, it was the best kept secret on the ship, maybe too well kept...

NIta

And here they are for those who need reminding:

Moving the Galleria Gift Shop to the area where the Carousel Lounge, Martini Bar, and Photo Gallery are currently...like on the Pearl/Gem

---Moving the ship's Photo Gallery to the space that is currently the Blue Lagoon...again, like on the Pearl/Gem

---Moving the Blue Lagoon to half of the Endless Summer Restaurant...as it is on Jewel Class ships

---Placing a new lounge in the current location of the Gift Shop

---Moving the Italian Restaurant to the location of the Soho Room

---Taking the area where the Spinnaker Lounge, Art Gallery and Conference Rooms are and converting it into "high-end" courtyard-style suites.

If they are adding court-yard style suites are they adding a courtyard with pool, etc?

Glad we had the chance to enjoy the SoHo restaurant last summer. It was a fantastic meal.

The changes from April 2011 are to do with the changes in cabin categories from what I can tell.

Hi all-

well sounds like it is like the JEWEL now...there went the "charm" of the BLUE LAGOON on the STAR...i am disappointed:(

well sounds like it is like the JEWEL now...there went the "charm" of the BLUE LAGOON on the STAR...i am disappointed:(

Add me to the list that will miss the charm of the old location of the Blue Lagoon, the location and decor made the Blue Lagoon what it was. I will miss it.

If that is the case they better start hanging some balconies on the Star. I still believe that Spinnakers will resurface as the secondary show place.

If that is the case they better start hanging some balconies on the Star. I still believe that Spinnakers will resurface as the secondary show place.

Stranger things have been known to happen... but i do have to say that it makes more sense for it to be a refurb'ed show place than staterooms. I maybe confusing ships, but isnt it a very slanted area just like on the Pearl and the Dawn?

I do wonder where they will put all of the activites that used to be in Spinnaker Lounge. I do have to say though the changes do sound positive.

I think that you are on the 5/22 Alaska with us. My concern is really that any ongoing work might make for a problem for those of us on deck 11.

I do wonder where they will put all of the activites that used to be in Spinnaker Lounge. I do have to say though the changes do sound positive.

EDIT.. Sorry.. just re-read and saw that they moved Spinikers to the Aft.

As an aft lover this makes me very sad as this will make it even harder to get one of these cabins.:( But glad to hear they aren't getting rid of Spinnakers but I don't know why as I hardly spend much time in there. I guess I just want it to be there when I get around to it. :rolleyes:

Grrrrr.... I just saw that CC took off my countdown clock from January. I'm beginning to feel picked on as they did this last year too. I asked them about it and they said they do it to everybody once they have sailed. If that were true I wouldn't mind... but I see some on here that are 2-3 years old.:mad:

**Sorry... back to your topic... just had to vent. sniff, sniff

Archived