Cruise to Nowhere Pride

comett

Does anyone know if you still need a birth certificate or passport since you won't be stopping at any ports?

You would still need at least a BC and govt ID to board as proof as identification. You wouldnt need a passport because you arent going anywhere.

From Norfolk they go down to about even with Hatteras and back up.

There's a big difference in transit time to the open Atlantic, though. I would guess not far our since it's about 9 hours down the Bay and 9 hours back up. The Norfolk ones they cruises pretty slow...7 knots or so most of the way so they weren't burning much fuel. then about noon on the second day they turned around and came back.

I can't speak for B'more but I know the NYC CTNs don't even clear customs coming back.

A good time to stock up at the onboard duty free. :D

Yep... if you're from and expensive liquor state, it's a great time to stock up with no limits. There's a tax charged onboard (I think it was 3% the last time we did one.) Beats Virginia's 20% tax on liquor.

Personally I can't wait to HOPEFULLY see the Pride go under the Bay Bridge!! I'll be taking pictures... and crossing my fingers (even though I know it does this all the time; I understand it is really a squeaker)!

I am kind of looking forward to this--I've never done a C2N *or* cruised alone. I hope I don't feel like a 5th wheel. LOL

This is such a good deal but like you Debra it would be my 1st time on my own and my 1st ctn to. I am hoping that when I go into work tomorrow I can find someone willing to go for the 100.00

Mary Jo,

I am trying to become Platinum, so I'm willing to do it alone and have paid the double occupancy. I wish one of my cruising friends could have joined me, but they can't. I hope you decide to come. There are several people cruising without a buddy--we could all meet up. :)

Mary Jo,

I am trying to become Platinum, so I'm willing to do it alone and have paid the double occupancy. I wish one of my cruising friends could have joined me, but they can't. I hope you decide to come. There are several people cruising without a buddy--we could all meet up. :)

Aside from wanting to do something fun for the weekend-this is what made us book so quick. What an awesomely cheap step towards platinum :D

I tried to get information from Carnival about the CTN. Specifically what the entertainment schedule would be and whether they would have an elegant night with lobster dinner. The Carnival vacation planner could only tell me that the information would be available once i got on board. She didn't seem to understand that i was asking because the answer would determine whether I went on the cruise. How anyone had luck getting these kind of details?

I tried to get information from Carnival about the CTN. Specifically what the entertainment schedule would be and whether they would have an elegant night with lobster dinner. The Carnival vacation planner could only tell me that the information would be available once i got on board. She didn't seem to understand that i was asking because the answer would determine whether I went on the cruise. How anyone had luck getting these kind of details?

I haven't... John Heald just said that Kirk (CD) was going to make sure there was lots of fun things to do and shows to be seen. I'm going to bring a nicer outfit for "formal" night just in case there is one. Since it's such a small cruise, I can fit something in my suitcase and be covered--just in case.

We just heard about this CTN. Never done one. I am also wondering how far out it will go? Wondering if it will be choppy/rough waters or will the boat just go very slowly?

I have heard it goes down toward the outer banks... I don't think it will be terrible as the hurricane sucks the energy out of the sea. We've often cruised right after a hurricane and the water is smooth.

However, I would think that NOAA might give a more official answer on this one.

This is such a good deal but like you Debra it would be my 1st time on my own and my 1st ctn to. I am hoping that when I go into work tomorrow I can find someone willing to go for the 100.00

An inside for two is 99 + port/taxes/grat = 168.50 pp. Twenty bucks off for military rate and senior rate.

Aside from wanting to do something fun for the weekend-this is what made us book so quick. What an awesomely cheap step towards platinum :D

Unless you're going to cruise 4 more times in the next 14 months, you'll not reach platinum status. You need to have 10 cruises done by 12/31/13 to be grandfathered in, otherwise you'll have to wait until 75 days cruised.

Read on another thread that Saturday night will be elegant night, but nothing was mentioned as to whether lobster would be served or not.

Unless you're going to cruise 4 more times in the next 14 months, you'll not reach platinum status. You need to have 10 cruises done by 12/31/13 to be grandfathered in, otherwise you'll have to wait until 75 days cruised.

Right...:)

We were planning on 5, so this makes it a lot cheaper :D

Archived