Azamara Roll Calls

Grandma Cruising

For anyone new to Cruise Critic, and to Azamara, I thought it might be worth mentioning Roll Calls. These are threads relating to individual cruises where Cruise Critic members going on the same cruise can ‘meet’ before the cruise. They are very useful especially if you want to get together a group to do a private tour from a port, or to join such a group. Azamara does not object to people putting together groups for private tours.

You can also discuss things like the Azamazing Evening for the cruise, when the White Night might be and which Officers will be on board - or anything else about the cruise!

You can find the Roll Call for your cruise on the website using the ‘Find Your Roll Call’ Tool in the blue bar above the posts, or you can click on Azamara Roll Calls within the Roll Call box on the first page of Cruise Critic Boards.

To find a RollCall on the App click on the white ‘page’ at the top and search for the Roll Calls for the ship.

If you can’t find a Roll Call for your cruise it will probably be because no-one has started one yet - so go ahead and start one by clicking New Thread (web) or New Topic (App) under the list of Roll Calls for your ship.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Just booked our first Azamara cruise. What are the White Nights and Azamazing Evening please?

White night is a deck party with an amazing buffet meal served on the deck. Usually includes grilled lobster tails :). They have music and dancing and it's a blast!! Everyone is requested (not mandatory) to wear white.

Azamazing Evening is a complimentary private shore excursion for the entire ship; it varies depending on where you are. We've been to concerts and also a wonderful "street fair" in Sorrento, where an entire park was reserved just for us; there was food, lots of drinks and entertainment. Really fun.

White night is a deck party with an amazing buffet meal served on the deck. Usually includes grilled lobster tails :). They have music and dancing and it's a blast!! Everyone is requested (not mandatory) to wear white.

Azamazing Evening is a complimentary private shore excursion for the entire ship; it varies depending on where you are. We've been to concerts and also a wonderful "street fair" in Sorrento, where an entire park was reserved just for us; there was food, lots of drinks and entertainment. Really fun.

Thank you Laurie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone: This is Joe/Jayne from Northern Virginia, USA. Now that winter has passed we are beginning to focus on our trip this summer. In addition to the cruise we are also originating in London where we will rail from Folkstone to Calais and board the Orient Express to Venice. If others are doing the same please let me know.

I am looking for 3 couples who might be interested in a all day tour I am booking during our port stay at Amalfi. On the suggestion of a friend who did this tour a couple years ago, it will include the same (english) guide and van who will take us to Pompeii, drive along the coast to Sorrento and lunch at a mountain cafe, and return to the ship along the coast. A licensed local guide (and friend of the driver) will provide a private tour of Pompei. Price for 8 people is about 150 euros ea. If you are interested please let me know.

Hi Everyone: This is Joe/Jayne from Northern Virginia, USA. Now that winter has passed we are beginning to focus on our trip this summer. In addition to the cruise we are also originating in London where we will rail from Folkstone to Calais and board the Orient Express to Venice. If others are doing the same please let me know.

I am looking for 3 couples who might be interested in a all day tour I am booking during our port stay at Amalfi. On the suggestion of a friend who did this tour a couple years ago, it will include the same (english) guide and van who will take us to Pompeii, drive along the coast to Sorrento and lunch at a mountain cafe, and return to the ship along the coast. A licensed local guide (and friend of the driver) will provide a private tour of Pompei. Price for 8 people is about 150 euros ea. If you are interested please let me know.

Hi joe2901

Which cruise will you be on? This post would be better posted on the Roll-call for your cruise. It’s easy to find Roll-Calls on Cruise Critic’s web-site. Just click on Find Your Roll Call in the blue bar above the posts, then select Azamara, the ship name and the month/year of your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums