Group booking question

Mr and Mrs C

We’ve been close before to having enough to be considered a group cruise in the past, but have been short one cabin. It’s looking like we might have enough this next time. My question is, does everyone in the group have to book within a certain time frame? For example when I asked carnival I had to have a certain amount of people book within a 2 week period.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually sail as part of a group, and this is what we have been told:

As long as the cruise you are going on still has “group space” as my rep calls it, when you get your 8 rooms you will be set. No specific date range- just has to work on that particular sailing.

Group perks are pretty nice! Hope you make it!

We’ve been close before to having enough to be considered a group cruise in the past, but have been short one cabin. It’s looking like we might have enough this next time. My question is, does everyone in the group have to book within a certain time frame? For example when I asked carnival I had to have a certain amount of people book within a 2 week period.

No, you can add people as you go along. They only need two cabins to open the group. The perks are worth it!

Curious, what are the group perks? I’m in one on an upcoming cruise...

It depends on your booking. For my group, we have UBP and 4 nights of specialty meals w/out the service charges, for all cabins, regardless of category booked. Speak to your TA. The original booking was just a $25 OBC. Obviously this group perk is much better, and less money as you aren't paying the service charges on the UBP or the dining package.

We usually sail as part of a group, and this is what we have been told:

As long as the cruise you are going on still has “group space” as my rep calls it, when you get your 8 rooms you will be set. No specific date range- just has to work on that particular sailing.

Group perks are pretty nice! Hope you make it!

Double check that - we only needed 7 cabins.

I just booked a cruise with a TA at a group rate that was hundreds of dollars cheaper than the NCL price but they said it came with no perks except some TA OBC. Is this normal?

They are all different. This is the first group sailing we have gotten 4 nights of specialty dining and the UBP w/out paying service charges.

It depends on your booking. For my group, we have UBP and 4 nights of specialty meals w/out the service charges, for all cabins, regardless of category booked. Speak to your TA. The original booking was just a $25 OBC. Obviously this group perk is much better, and less money as you aren't paying the service charges on the UBP or the dining package.

Nice! How many rooms in your group? I think we are at 8.

Yes I was trying to remember if it was 7 or 8 rooms for group.... we each got to pick two perks- I have UBP with no service charges and free prepaid tips. Also we get back a single fare at the rate of whatever the majority of rooms in the group are- so if we have mostly balconies we are refunded a balcony fare. We usually split it up and give everyone a little kickback in cash the day we board [emoji4]

We have an NCL rep that we use every cruise. Actually on our upcoming getaway cruise we lost one room after final pay- scheduling issues- so because we are now at 6 rooms we lose the money kickback but somehow maintain our two perks. Bummer though- losing the cash back! We have about 2 more weeks to get another room booked in the group to get that back.

• 4 weeks later...

Question- we sail on Feb 24 on the Epic, have a group rate through our friends wedding. Online it is not showing our 2 perks we selected- UBP w/o grat and free daily gratuities. We've called our group consultant and she said everything was on there, I'm just super worried we'll get on the ship and have nothing as this lady as so far been an idiot! The NCL website is still prompting us to buy the drink package and prepay our tips! Help! Anyone else been in this situation? This is our first time on NCL.

Question- we sail on Feb 24 on the Epic, have a group rate through our friends wedding. Online it is not showing our 2 perks we selected- UBP w/o grat and free daily gratuities. We've called our group consultant and she said everything was on there, I'm just super worried we'll get on the ship and have nothing as this lady as so far been an idiot! The NCL website is still prompting us to buy the drink package and prepay our tips! Help! Anyone else been in this situation? This is our first time on NCL.

Call her again and ask her to send you an Amenity Confirmation. That will show you what you have and you can print it to take on the cruise with you in case there are any problems. :)