Upcoming Roatan port itineraries canceled on your cruise?

mickeychicky

Since the dock is damaged and will NOT be completely repaired for at least 3 months, the dock cannot accommodate ships larger than 205 Meters (672 ft). Port is offering tendering services but has anyone, going with NCL soon, been notified yet IF you will or will NOT be stopping?

I haven't received an email and there is nothing on their website about canceling the Roatan stop or not, and nothing when I log into MY NCL.

Hate to get onboard and be notified THEN that we won't be going. Have plans outside the cruise ship excursions so I'd like to know ahead of time to cancel my reservations.

When we cruised there in January, we had to tender so I don't see why they would still not do so while the dock is being repaired.

When we cruised there in January, we had to tender so I don't see why they would still not do so while the dock is being repaired.

I will be surprised if it isn't business as usual from here on out at that port, at least for the rest of the visitor season anyway. Since there wasn't any damage to the main pier and what was damaged, beyond use, doesn't provide much in the way of critical pier infrastructure, it looks to me like they won't attempt to replace that pier extension with its floating pneumatic fenders until the off season.

The only missing item of mooring hardware on the pier that might provide some consternation, that I can imagine, is the destroyed single bollard with ears on the very east end of the pier extension. That was the only tie down damaged. If they desire another replacement tie down for that one then any worthwhile pile driving outfit, worth its salt, could put in a single mooring dolphin using about nine concrete pile which would provide another high capacity mooring point, within days. As previously mentioned one can see from pictures taken yesterday by the local Bodden Tours and guests on the vessel, during docking of the NCL Getaway, there are plenty of forward lines going to substantial moorings, leading me to believe even larger vessels yet can safely dock.

I will be surprised if it isn't business as usual from here on out at that port, at least for the rest of the visitor season anyway. Since there wasn't any damage to the main pier and what was damaged, beyond use, doesn't provide much in the way of critical pier infrastructure, it looks to me like they won't attempt to replace that pier extension with its floating pneumatic fenders until the off season.

The only missing item of mooring hardware on the pier that might provide some consternation, that I can imagine, is the destroyed single bollard with ears on the very east end of the pier extension. That was the only tie down damaged. If they desire another replacement tie down for that one then any worthwhile pile driving outfit, worth its salt, could put in a single mooring dolphin using about nine concrete pile which would provide another high capacity mooring point, within days. As previously mentioned one can see from pictures taken yesterday by the local Bodden Tours and guests on the vessel, during docking of the NCL Getaway, there are plenty of forward lines going to substantial moorings, leading me to believe even larger vessels yet can safely dock.

Kennicott --

Are you originally from Kennicott, lived there once or live there now? I see Anchorage listed as your home...

Cheers from Talkeetna -- Von & John

Kennicott --

Are you originally from Kennicott, lived there once or live there now? I see Anchorage listed as your home...

Cheers from Talkeetna -- Von & John

Well, almost born there, but the mine shut down so folks moved to Cordova. Have spent most of my summers near Kennecott/McCarthy after retirement though. We do live in ANC and have since moving here from CDV in 64, that is, when we are not on the high seas.

Well, almost born there, but the mine shut down so folks moved to Cordova. Have spent most of my summers near Kennecott/McCarthy after retirement though. We do live in ANC and have since moving here from CDV in 64, that is, when we are not on the high seas.

We always enjoy our time in Kennecott/McCarthy -- it's been a few years since we visited...

• 2 weeks later...
RCI Oasis class ships do not tender at ANY ports, which is why the Allure canceled the whole season.

What is considered "the season"? I'm going on the 8/26 Allure western caribbean itinerary and it was supposed to stop at Roatan. Last I checked it still was. What stop (if any) is being replaced with Roatan?