Thank You Gift

An excursion is always nice

One would assume that if they are your parents/in-laws, you would know them well enough to give them an excursion that would interest them or that their health could handle......

We cruised as a family (sisters, husbands, nieces, nephews etc) last January and we gave everyone an excursion for Christmas - needless to say everyone had a blast!

Your best bet is to consider what they like the most (golf/playing with grandchildren/active tours/day left alone/whatever) and shape a nice event for them. Maybe they want something so simple as all the family sit down for breakfast on a sea day in the MDR. Good Luck. Such a nice thing to do, taking the family on a cruise!

Take lots and lots of pictures --- then when you are home, put together a calendar online (we did this for our Keys vacation when everyone from my family went a couple of years ago). I used Shutterfly since you could put more than one picture on the main picture page for the month. You can also list birthdays, anniversaries, etc --- so you could even include "one year ago we sailed" date. I then gave them to my kids (and myself!) as holiday gifts. Also, for the person's birthday month, that month's page had more of them on it.

I like the Chefs table idea. Especially if all of you could go???

Im guessing they are paying for all this as they like to be with and enjoy the company of the ones going. I would try to make the gift of time available to them. However you choose to use that time.

Another idea. We went to the beach with our inlaws this summer and they paid for rooms etc. During the week we took pictures along and included some Group shots of the whole family. I took some of the group shots along with some other candid ones. Uploaded them to Walgreens and had them print a real nice book with captions on the photos. Including thanking them for this and many other trips and gifts of time and love. I took the book to them, MIL said "OH, I want one of these!" When I told her "That one IS yours". She cried! PRICELESS!!!;)

Moral to this long story. Time and memories are important to old folks.

Make a vacation scrapbook for them and one for yourself. Then they can relive the cruise anytime they look at it. The ship sells lots of scrapbooks and materials that has the Canival logo on it. It would be a fun way to incorporate some photos and other momentos into a nice book.

:)

Archived